Current time: 07/06/2024, 03:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transdev Yorkshire & Lancashire
RE: Transdev Yorkshire & Lancashire
It's been tendered for a long time - it was when Tyrers ran it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/02/2016 18:35)jcksmnr Wrote:  Yeah there must be some subsidy, didn't realise there was on this route.

The X80/180/280 are fully subsidised by LCC, so part of the larger cull of such services.

However, I hear that a rake down the back of the council sofa has resulted in some funds being found, and some of the more worthy services, may get some sort of reprise - although quite likely in a watered down format!
The LCC "consultation" doesn't finish until a week before the services end, so look out for some activity on the VOSA website that week!
I rode Volvo B5TL 3622 on route 36 yesterday. I liked it more inside than I thought I would being the new-style Gemini 3 bodywork. I sat in a solo seat on the right-hand side upstairs and had plenty of legroom as I put my bag and jacket under my seat. All that was missing was that I was not about to land at Leeds Bradford Airport!!
Transdev have posted changes to services for April. Within these changes, they list that buses on the X41 will be upgraded with leather seats, free WiFi and USB charging points.

http://www.lancashirebus.co.uk/news.jsp?newsID=1666
(04/03/2016 20:45)SF07 Wrote:  Transdev have posted changes to services for April. Within these changes, they list that buses on the X41 will be upgraded with leather seats, free WiFi and USB charging points.

Yes, that's the reallocated former Harrogate 36 buses.
Going off the registrations on VOSA today, it looks like we can expect to see changes to the Mainline and X43 services in May with the Mainline services being re-numbered from 20-29 to M1-M4 and a X43 registration to/from Skipton.

PC0005249/10 - BURNLEY & PENDLE TRAVEL LTD, PROSPECT PARK, BROUGHTON WAY, HARROGATE, HG2 7NY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Colne and Keighley/Trawden given service number m3/m4 effective from 01-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PC0005249/12 - BURNLEY & PENDLE TRAVEL LTD, PROSPECT PARK, BROUGHTON WAY, HARROGATE, HG2 7NY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Colne and Skipton Bus Station given service number M1 effective from 01-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PC0005249/13 - BURNLEY & PENDLE TRAVEL LTD, PROSPECT PARK, BROUGHTON WAY, HARROGATE, HG2 7NY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Burnley Bus Station and Colne given service number m1/m2/m3/m4 effective from 01-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PC0005249/122 - BURNLEY & PENDLE TRAVEL LTD, PROSPECT PARK, BROUGHTON WAY, HARROGATE, HG2 7NY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Burnley Bus Station and Accrington, Infant Street given service number M3 effective from 01-May-2016. To amend Timetable.

PC0005249/123 - BURNLEY & PENDLE TRAVEL LTD, PROSPECT PARK, BROUGHTON WAY, HARROGATE, HG2 7NY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Burnley Bus Station and Clitheroe given service number M1/M2 effective from 01-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PC0005249/44 - BURNLEY & PENDLE TRAVEL LTD, PROSPECT PARK, BROUGHTON WAY, HARROGATE, HG2 7NY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Nelson Bus Station and Manchester, Chorlton Street. given service number X43 effective from 01-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PC0005249/151 - BURNLEY & PENDLE TRAVEL LTD, PROSPECT PARK, BROUGHTON WAY, HARROGATE, HG2 7NY
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Burnley Bus Station
Finish Point: Skipton Bus Station
Via: Colne, Barnoldswick
Service Number: X43
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Limited Stop
Effective Date: 01-MAY-2016
Other Details: Monday to Sunday
Details of the changes to the Mainline and X43 services now on the website. The route to/from Skipton will be taken over by the X43.
  • M1: Will run between Padiham (Bridge Inn) and Barnoldswick via Burnley, Nelson and Colne. (merges services 22 and 28)
  • M2: Will run between Clitheroe and Colne via Padiham, Burnley and Nelson (merges services 24, 26 and 27 but no longer serves Sabden)
  • M3: Will run between Accrington and Trawden via Huncoat, Hapton, Padiham, Burnley, Nelson and Colne (merges services 21 and 25)
  • M4: Will run between Burnley and Keighley via Nelson, Colne and Cross Hills (replaces service 25)
  • 872: Re-numbered X43.
  • X43: Some peak-time journeys will run limited stop between Burnley and Rawtenstall and non-stop between Rawtenstall and Manchester Shudehill. Nelson will only be served at peak-times. At other times, the journeys to/from Nelson will be re-routed via M65 motorway to Colne then continues via Barnoldswick to Skipton, partly replacing services 28/29.

YJ07PBX has been named after Former Welsh Rugby League player Danny Jones who died last year whilst playing for Keighley Great effort by Transdev

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(04/03/2016 20:45)SF07 Wrote:  Transdev have posted changes to services for April. Within these changes, they list that buses on the X41 will be upgraded with leather seats, free WiFi and USB charging points.

(05/03/2016 22:11)Neukit Wrote:  Yes, that's the reallocated former Harrogate 36 buses.

X41 will be re-branded as Red Express from 4 April, which will see buses in red and blue.

http://lancashirebus.co.uk/news.jsp?newsID=1667
(23/05/2016 16:09)Dentonian Wrote:  Do you/anyone know the day return fare from Leeds to Harrogate, and if it constitutes a day ticket? There is a special "36" page on Transdev Harrogate's website, but no info whatsoever on fares for less than weekly periods. Not very "tourist friendly", given Harrogate's main trade is surely tourism.

I think it's £7.20 for a return, or £9 for their Daytripper ticket which covers all Transdev ops west of York.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)