Current time: 27/09/2024, 22:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
(20/08/2013 01:58)KU02 YUH Wrote:  I hope that I'm not coming across as if I'm defending their every move because I don't agree with every move that they've made. I just don't agree with comments about the 31s and 98s being dead services because they're not. That's not my opinion - it's fact. I think that "busdude" has observed and judged them in a poor way - especially his judgements about the 98 when he only uses the service once a week and about it being completely empty in Moreton when it isn't...

I use the 98 a hell of a lot more than once a week near enough everyday hence me saying i'm a regular user, i use the service a lot to and from Moreton, and the numbers are very low. and i use the 98 at least once a week from Liverpool. Its been described to me many of times by passengers as the bus "goes around the world" and this has put passengers off. a lot of my friends and family live in Moreton and they still prefer to use the 407, even though i have told them many of times about the 98 having lower fares and takes just as long to get to Liverpool than the 407. Still they dont listen. Overall the loadings are decent between Beechwood, Noctorum & Oxton. Just in Moreton it is a bit low.

I may be a bit wrong with the 31 because i havent observed it as much since it changed from the 1A.

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(20/08/2013 11:12)KU02 YUH Wrote:  
(20/08/2013 04:22)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(20/08/2013 01:58)KU02 YUH Wrote:  Actually (if you're referring to the 31, 31A, 39 and 98), during the past few weeks, more-or-less every journey should have turned-up. That's why the 15, 16 and 47 were sacrificed - so that the busier services could remain operationally-viable. If they're not showing-up, you need to phone the depot (0151 641 0897) so that your issue can be looked into and the problems can be addressed and eliminated.
I'd hardly say that trying to justify services failing to run prior to their cancellation date for a second time and quoting that 'more or less every journey' will run is a great way to promote the company either, never mind other members passing comments they may be entitled to based upon their own experiences of using the company.

Should it really be down to passengers to report missed services, at their own expense, to the company in an effort to improve reliability? I hardly think so.
"More or less every journey" - I meant that, apart from natural reasons such as lateness due to traffic or a bus fault, there are no excuses as to why the 31/31A, 39 and 98 shouldn't be running without a hitch. There are drivers who don't seem to be doing their job properly. If people aren't reporting missing journeys to Impera, then they can only presume that there are no major issues on the road.
(20/08/2013 05:12)moreton407 Wrote:  Is there a reason why services aren't being run/cancelled. Is it lack of buses, lack of staff, lack of funds or just can't be bothered.
It's not because they "just can't be bothered"...
(20/08/2013 06:59)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Without getting involved in an argument, can I just ask are you employed or anything like that with Impera, as you seem to be very much pro-impera with the constant defending of them.
I hope that I'm not coming across as if I'm defending their every move because I don't agree with every move that they've made. I just don't agree with comments about the 31s and 98s being dead services because they're not. That's not my opinion - it's fact. I think that "busdude" has observed and judged them in a poor way - especially his judgements about the 98 when he only uses the service once a week and about it being completely empty in Moreton when it isn't...
(20/08/2013 09:27)E208 WBG Wrote:  
(20/08/2013 06:18)B10B6514 Wrote:  2523 was in Southport yesterday on driver training duties.
A bit far out isn't it unless its A PCV test as I cant see impera doing routes that far out
It will have solely been for driver training as the PCV tests are undertaken in the Wrexham and Chester area.

To be fair, I think you do defend them a lot, but that's your right. With Impera, I can't say I use them much so I can only really judge from what is said on here, but the constant chopping and changing of services can't be doing them much good as it will just put people off using them. I am sure that they have their reasons for changing but they seem to drop off before the VOSA cancellation dates as well, if they continue to do that it will do them no good at all.
Find all posts by this user
Customers shouldn't be ringing impera complaining - they should be ringing the traffic commissioners office and telling them.

It's not fair on customers that three services have just stopped running. Can you imagine if arriva or stagecoach just stopped running a newly introduced service? It just wouldn't happen, cos you're not allowed to!

Bus services are governed by laws and rules and stipulated by the traffic commissioner for a reason - to protect customers.
To be fair yes Impera have had some difficulties however so do every other bus firm but its no ones place to Judge them tbh Impera are not a bad firm and I think MSteens and the staff there do a bloddy good job with a tidy fleet and the services they are running are doing very well from what I have seen and I see the 39 and 31/31A a lot and always busy so well done to Impera for fighting on and doing well with the 31/31A, 39 and 98
Passengers have every right to judge them though when they're pulling off routes without any form of notice and not running them up to cancellation dates. That is the main issue people have, if you had bought a weekly ticket for example and that happened I doubt you'd be too impressed by it. The same would be said if this was any other operator pulling something like that.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
I thought the company was getting more buses and did nothing come with the "drivers required" adverts on buses?

Maybe they should take on some inspectors?
The people on here defending their operations are those of current or past employees
Yes I am A past worker for them Raawwrr! How ever I generally support the local companies that I do actually like...I would do the same for Avon, cumfy, HTL, A1A, A2b and who ever else

As I said everyone makes mistakes and I think MSteens has now reallised where he went wrong and correcting himself and I personally think MSteens is doing A brilliant job
(26/08/2013 07:40)E208 WBG Wrote:  Yes I am A past worker for them Raawwrr! How ever I generally support the local companies that I do actually like...I would do the same for Avon, cumfy, HTL, A1A, A2b and who ever else

As I said everyone makes mistakes and I think MSteens has now reallised where he went wrong and correcting himself and I personally think MSteens is doing A brilliant job

Cancelling routes with no prior notice isn't just a mistake,it's pure incompetence
and illegal.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)