Current time: 29/06/2024, 03:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
(30/07/2013 13:41)msteens Wrote:  
(30/07/2013 00:31)busdude Wrote:  Once again Impera are in my bad books. 1 out of the 5 buses i waited for today turned up:

12:30, 47 from Fender way 5th Avenue towards Arrowe Park did not turn up
18:45, 98 from Fender way 5th Avenue, towards Moreton, did not show up. Luckily there was another one due at 19:15 which actually turned up.
19:00 47 from Fender way 5th Avenue towards Arrowe Park, did not show up
19:24, 39 from Moreton cross towards West Kirby also did not show up. Which then i got fed up and paid to use the train to get to Hoylake. Usually it should take me around 25 - 30 minutes to get to Hoylake from Beechwood using Impera buses however today it took me 90 minutes.

I shouldnt be using an Impera bus for a while now until they become more reliable with their services

There are some problems this week with staff we have staff currently route training by next week we should have all duties covered with spare drivers we have a further 8 drivers in the later stage of training and are ready for test due to some test failures and driver sickness it has left us short as for bus we are using the deckers as spares to cover routine servicing until the spds arrive from loithan

Thank you for a speedy reply , Mr Steens .
Find all posts by this user
(30/07/2013 13:41)msteens Wrote:  
(30/07/2013 00:31)busdude Wrote:  Once again Impera are in my bad books. 1 out of the 5 buses i waited for today turned up:

12:30, 47 from Fender way 5th Avenue towards Arrowe Park did not turn up
18:45, 98 from Fender way 5th Avenue, towards Moreton, did not show up. Luckily there was another one due at 19:15 which actually turned up.
19:00 47 from Fender way 5th Avenue towards Arrowe Park, did not show up
19:24, 39 from Moreton cross towards West Kirby also did not show up. Which then i got fed up and paid to use the train to get to Hoylake. Usually it should take me around 25 - 30 minutes to get to Hoylake from Beechwood using Impera buses however today it took me 90 minutes.

I shouldnt be using an Impera bus for a while now until they become more reliable with their services

There are some problems this week with staff we have staff currently route training by next week we should have all duties covered with spare drivers we have a further 8 drivers in the later stage of training and are ready for test due to some test failures and driver sickness it has left us short as for bus we are using the deckers as spares to cover routine servicing until the spds arrive from loithan

Thank you for the reply Mr Steens, I completely understand lets hope all services are up and running properly soon

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Just been told by a driver from Impera that the managers at Impera have decided to pull the plug on the 47 meaning that as of today it wont be running anymore

Follow me on flickr
If that is the case, that is very poor.
(05/08/2013 13:16)busdude Wrote:  Just been told by a driver from Impera that the managers at Impera have decided to pull the plug on the 47 meaning that as of today it wont be running anymore

Aren't there sanctions for doing this if the relevant registration cancellation hasn't been approved by VOSA?

I remember this happening when I was trying to get GHA's X36 service from Liverpool Airport.
After 2 hours of waiting, it was lucky that an Arriva worker was able to inform me that they had cancelled the service a week before the VOSA cancellation was due to come into effect.
There were no notices around to indicate that the service had been cancelled, and the timetable was still showing.

Hope similar experiences don't happen to willing passengers of the 47!
(05/08/2013 16:17)Valandil Wrote:  
(05/08/2013 13:16)busdude Wrote:  Just been told by a driver from Impera that the managers at Impera have decided to pull the plug on the 47 meaning that as of today it wont be running anymore

Aren't there sanctions for doing this if the relevant registration cancellation hasn't been approved by VOSA?

I remember this happening when I was trying to get GHA's X36 service from Liverpool Airport.
After 2 hours of waiting, it was lucky that an Arriva worker was able to inform me that they had cancelled the service a week before the VOSA cancellation was due to come into effect.
There were no notices around to indicate that the service had been cancelled, and the timetable was still showing.

Hope similar experiences don't happen to willing passengers of the 47!

One company from Derbyshire was up before the Traffic Commissioner last week for failing to register service changes without giving the usual statutory notices. Very poor if this has happened without giving the necessary notice.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
This is just a really poor way to do things, the public will vote with their feet if Impera continue to do this sort of thing and will stick to the other companies in the area, they should seem to chop and change all of the time. Obviously they will have their reasons for the constant changes in service but its still a poor reflection on the company.
(05/08/2013 16:17)Valandil Wrote:  Hope similar experiences don't happen to willing passengers of the 47!

Sadly there were many people waiting for over an hour in Birkenhead Bus Station myself included last night for the 47, I really can't say I'm impressed, yet again I can't say I'm surprised seeing as they've done the same thing to other routes they had in the past.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Now that 2568 is back on the 98 does this mean the Enviro200 will go back to the rental company
According to merseytravel no buses will be serving the Beechwood estate until further notice due to a police incident. This includes Impera's 98 service.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-up...fault.aspx

Follow me on flickr
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)