Current time: 27/09/2024, 18:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
(28/05/2013 22:58)CX06BKG2602 Wrote:  Just thought I would let you all know that Impera's Enviro400 Loan is SN61 DFK fleetnumbered 9136 for its short stay at impera.
Its top of the range Enviro 400H and is only with them for a short time. That's all I know at the moment will post a photo for you all tomorrow and will get you more info as well

This sounds awesome, and very out-of-character!
Find all posts by this user
The fleetnumber is actually left over from its time at Go North East at the end of last year.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/05/2013 22:58)CX06BKG2602 Wrote:  Just thought I would let you all know that Impera's Enviro400 Loan is SN61 DFK fleetnumbered 9136 for its short stay at impera.
Its top of the range Enviro 400H and is only with them for a short time. That's all I know at the moment will post a photo for you all tomorrow and will get you more info as well

SN61 DFK is a standard diesel Enviro400. It was in service with Bus Vannin for a fortnight late last year - a really nice bus I have to say!
Just spotted the Enviro on the 98

I wish that i knew earlier on so i could have got a ride on it

Follow me on flickr
It was awfully nice to catch up with YJ59 AZA on the 411/39 and SN61 DFK on the 1A today, by far the Enviro400 was the most impressive of the two with it's much higher specification but overall they both do the job that they're intended for which is transport passengers around all day. I've added a blog post about the three buses that have been on demonstration so far for anyone who's interested (link in signature).

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
I understand the use of Single decker demonstrators , most firms use demonstrators to look at vehicles they may buy or lease .

Is the Double decker here for a specific purpose ?
(01/06/2013 09:55)wirralbus Wrote:  I understand the use of Single decker demonstrators , most firms use demonstrators to look at vehicles they may buy or lease .

Is the Double decker here for a specific purpose ?

I can only assume they're looking at leasing vehicles on an operating lease like many other operators do so it gives them the chance to paint the vehicles how they wish and treat them as their own in regards to engineering etc.

As for the decker, if they were to lease an Enviro400 as they currently operate their school bus deckers then I think that would be very uneconomical to the company and it most probably would be better off for them to put it/them into daily service that said there are companies that have nearly brand new deckers primarily for school work where Southern Vectis springs to mind.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Noticed that 2526 (X526 UAT) now has Impera's day and weekly ticket prices branded on the side window in massive red font

Follow me on flickr
Due the Wallasey Tunnel 10K Road Race .

Route 1A : will travel as normal from New Brighton to Brighton Street, then via Borough Road, Poulton Road, Gorsey Lane, Duke Street, Corporation Road, Rendel Street, Canning Street, then as normal route to Liverpool (omitting Church Road, Victoria Place, Birkenhead Road and Tower Road). This service will return via the reverse of this route (omitting Tower Road, Birkenhead Road, Victoria Place and Church Road).

Route 203 :will omit Victoria Place and Seacombe Ferry terminal.
Surprisingly, Impera's 47 will soon (from 29/07/2013 - when all changes should be commencing from [there's more to come...!]) be running as normal from Birkenhead Bus Station to Upton Road, then via Arrowe Park Road to Arrowe Park Hospital (albeit not serving Saughall Massie) - but, more surprisingly, a DAILY timetable will be in place! On Sundays, this leaves Birkenhead Bus Station just after the Merseytravel 203, which also runs to Arrowe Park Hospital with cheaper fares; also, Merseytravel fares apply on the 492/495... Certainly an interesting move!

Timetable:
http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02013).pdf

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)