Current time: 29/06/2024, 03:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
Liverpool-Chester is up against a QBP and 10minute service so realistically wouldnt happen, similarly covering the 165 is just covering the 464/487 so any passengers would inevitably have Arriva passes or free travel passes. Arriva ran a 465 at first but changed it to all 464s so probaly not much demand really.
The 1A becoming 31 is a good idea, The 411 to a 34, where on earth has this come from, it has no relevance to the 411 number and will confuse passengers even more who think it is some new fandangly service and not know where it goes, it should have been left just as the 101. And West Kirby-Heswall, up against Avons hourly 22 which has previously been with First & Arriva, not exactly a great money spinner, most of the people there are OAPs, the buses fill up on some journeys, including schools, but mainly passes, so i would say potential is zero.
Find all posts by this user
Wouldn't renumbereing the 1A/411 confuse people?

The 1A is becoming an established route/route number. The 411 is just the evening Arriva service with a very minor rerouting. Why bother?

As for extending the 39 to Heswall, again why bother? The route is already well covered along most of the route, ie, 22/83/83A/437 West Kirby-Greasby and the 471 Irby-Heswall. The only part of the route with only one bus an hour is the long country road between Greasby and Irby where there are very few houses, a pub and plenty of cows!
(17/05/2013 23:32)3111 Wrote:  Some news and updates which are in the pipeline:
- Major timetable changes, with apologetic notices on the entire fleet
- 39 to be extended from West Kirby to Heswall, but unsure on whether the service will resume serving Town Meadow Lane
- 1A to be renumbered 31 and 411 to be renumbered 34 to save confusion over the Arriva daytime service
- Friday and Saturday New Brighton to Liverpool service, but unsure on whether it's an extended 39 or 411
- Three ex-Lothian W-registered double-deckers due over the forthcoming year (first due in August), along with 52-plated Darts (Darts will replace ageing SPDs and it's pretty safe to say that the three 'deckers will replace the three working 'deckers!)
Forgot to mention that, sadly, the 16 will be cancelled. The service is becoming popular, but it's been decided that it's to be de-registered. Sad, because it's a good service.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I would have thought the 1A/411 should be nearly the same number anyway, so if the 1A is becoming 31, why not the 411 become 31A, its the same route virtually except for not serving Liverpool. At leas then there is some correlation, not 34 though!
Ive seen a few 1As this week and fair to say they are annihalating Arrivas 411 now, the 39s still doing well, and the 98 is hit and miss, i seen 2 people on one from Liverpool, 4 on the next one, then they got off at Birkenhead anyway, so just tunnel traffic, but then picked a few up in Birkenhead. Still early days yet though for this.
(18/05/2013 11:52)mr t Wrote:  it should have been left just as the 101.

The 101 still runs and is a tendered service operated by A2B Travel. As far as I know Imperas 411 is commercial.

Id imagine if imperas 411 proves successful over the next few months Merseytravel would probably take the tendered service off seeing as Merseytravel state tendered services are provided to serve routes at times which are needed however not commercially profitable. If it proves profitable by Impera, they'll probably just take it off, its been done before

I am no longer active on this forum.
The 101 is being withdrawn from the 2nd of June.
(19/05/2013 15:26)moreton407 Wrote:  The 101 is being withdrawn from the 2nd of June.

Ahh thanks for that

The 39 (ran by 2521, 2523 and 2526) was very popular today; just shows what good weather can do for businesses!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
(19/05/2013 20:28)3111 Wrote:  The 39 (ran by 2521, 2523 and 2526) was very popular today; just shows what good weather can do for businesses!

New Brighton and West Kirby buses always seem to pick up very well in the sun, presumably because theyre both classic scousers holiday destinations for that sunny day!

Impera do have an advantage serving both on one route during the summer months!

i think imperas changes will work, shame on the 16 but clearly it was not doing what the company wanted, someone said the 39 would not work going to haswall i say your wrong as the 39 is more regular and gives people along the route new links, i think it will go down well with passengers myself

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)