Current time: 02/06/2024, 17:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
A driver on the 82 today refused to let a friend of mine on his bus with a Arriva Weekly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/10/2012 16:29)ste Wrote:  A driver on the 82 today refused to let a friend of mine on his bus with a Arriva Weekly

Unless it was a PayPoint or M-Ticket, Student or otherwise non-standard it should have been accepted.
As far as I am aware it was a bog standard Arriva weekly as she uses it to get to work every day. I have told her to get in touch with Merseytravel or Stagecoach about it
(22/10/2012 16:36)ste Wrote:  As far as I am aware it was a bog standard Arriva weekly as she uses it to get to work every day. I have told her to get in touch with Merseytravel or Stagecoach about it

No point really!

Just get on the next one...

If it happens more than once, by all means complain, but people are too quick to write complaints these days, and means 2-3 people end up getting involved with no real outcome other than to confirm you are correct...

Use Twitter or something to let them know informally.
She said she is going to give them a ring. After all its a agreement between 3 parties to help make travelling easier. In the end she had to walk to work (not sure for the reasons on that she aint gone that in depth). If the passenger is being put out - even if it is to wait for the next bus then there is no point in having the agreement. The problem with going through Twitter and Facebook is that Stagecoach etc are likely to have outsourced that to a Social Media management company who may not pass details through to SC. Either it needs to be mentioned as he is not doing his job properly. And as a result quite a few passengers may be getting refused and then passing the info on that you can't use the tickets etc in which case the whole QBP becomes pointless to hundreds then. Ifs and Buts I know but if no one says anything there is no point having the QBP.
33175/78/79 were on the 86 today
(22/10/2012 17:06)ste Wrote:  She said she is going to give them a ring. After all its a agreement between 3 parties to help make travelling easier. In the end she had to walk to work (not sure for the reasons on that she aint gone that in depth). If the passenger is being put out - even if it is to wait for the next bus then there is no point in having the agreement. The problem with going through Twitter and Facebook is that Stagecoach etc are likely to have outsourced that to a Social Media management company who may not pass details through to SC. Either it needs to be mentioned as he is not doing his job properly. And as a result quite a few passengers may be getting refused and then passing the info on that you can't use the tickets etc in which case the whole QBP becomes pointless to hundreds then. Ifs and Buts I know but if no one says anything there is no point having the QBP.

I don't really think you understand how it works.

Twitter is ran by Merseytravel directly, and Stagecoach directly.

What is a complaint going to do? She should have waited 3-5 more minutes and got another bus... instead of walking?! Bit silly really.

People are too quick to demand answers. If it happens a second time, you report it. Once, you get on with it, for something quite minor really.

My suspicions rest more with your freind than the bus company though, sorry! The walking bit suggest perhaps her ticket was not valid for other reasons....

Unless she has:

a) Bus fleet number
b) EXACT Timetable info

A complaint will just result in a standard reply of "We're sorry, you're right", which I've told you on here! They will be unable to identify the driver otherwise, so the complaint is pointless.
I understand fully how social media works with regards to companies. I design and build websites and also have been approached by companies to promote companies on Twitter, ie working for a social media management firm who write to Twitter for another company. ie the place were I play football, if they want something on Twitter they email to a company who then post as Goals Soccer Centres, not all do it but the more bigger companies who have places everywhere in the UK tend to do it.

Why she walked I dont know but she is hardly likely to kick off if she has been rejected for having a invalid ticket.

As for putting a complaint in well even if they do say yes your right etc it still has to be kept on file of which you don't know if he has done it to say 10 people today of whom have all made a complaint. So yes there is plenty of reason to do it on the one off. Even if it just goes back to Stagecoach as a memo to the drivers it all helps
(22/10/2012 16:24)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  The big push at the moment is DDA compliance, losing the B10BLE's gives Gillmoss a fully DDA compliant fleet on paper (though not in reality). The only vehicles listed on fleet that are not DDA certified are the Tridents, but they have been converted to DDA standards in the single door conversion process, so can obtain a certificate easilly. The full DDA compliance fleet removes the restrictions that B10BLE's had, for not meeting QBP standards, and also means every bus listed on fleet is at least Euro3, the minimum for QBP.

Couldn't they have at least put an exhaust filter on the B10B's? Actually sorry that's a stupid question. I think if it was upto stagecoach they would just have a whole fleet of Darts in my view. Makes no sense in reducing from full size single deck to midi size. They get packed as it is already, There's plenty of Ex-Stagecoach London Tridents floating about that are DDA eminox compliant , why not just throw a few into Gilmoss , not like they are not non-standard to Merseyside.

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
And this proves my point in the QP topic that there's too many ifs/buts with the ticketing.

IMO, for clarity, Merseytravel should either go with ALL passes with ALL operators, or passes with the operator that ISSUES them.

It's all well and good having half a million terms and conditions of what's valid when, but most passengers probably won't read them, never mind understand them. I'd even go as far as saying some passengers won't understand 2 different operators are running one route - So understanding the ticketing is out of the question.

The whole QP scheme sounds great in theory, but look at it in practice - How many times have you seen more than one 86 leave the city center at the same time. How many more complaints is it going to take with drivers/passengers not understanding the ticketing?

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)