Current time: 17/06/2024, 18:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
RE: Easybus Manchester Airport
(07/02/2017 21:58)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Just come across a post on Facebook.

"we have just been awarded our first local bus tender to operate service 64 from Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog, Glyn Ceiriog & Chirk to Llangollen for Wrexham County Borough Council from 1st April 2017. #teameasybus"

Seems Tanat have been screwed over.

I've changed the thread title now it looks like there are going to be more than just Easybus Manchester Airport services run by Stephen Bryce's new venture.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
(10/02/2017 23:39)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Not just that ran the company in to debt and not paying bills and fees on vehicles hence why the Scanias got repossessed i think many of us share the same opinion and its no where near possible to defend them, Ste was lucky because he ran away and you cant exactly say that as Yourbus was nearly on the brink of what happened to GHA but they got rid and now look.

Well on that point Citaros were known for self combusting, they were 10/11? years old and spent half there working life doing the rounds 24/7 in the capital compared to a 5 year old minibus, a bit of a drastic comparison and similar to my first point Arriva has been around for god knows how many years and Easybus have not long started up.

And also what is wrong with Tanat Valley operating it? they're doing well and are a well formed company, do not see why these special circumstances come into place at all the people have got the Service they needed and wanted yet its set to change again?

I'm not defending bryce at all but the failings of GHA were down to the directors. They were reasonable for paying the VAT bill and making sure payments on leased buses were up to date. Yes bryce and his management approach were very questionable and probably led to their demise but at the end of the day he was employed by the directors who knew his history so it's inevitably down to them.
Tanat Valley have cancelled the 64 in this week's N&P, but I haven't spotted an Easybus registration.
I wonder if Easy Group will have objections to the Easybus brand being used on a non-Airport service and possibly for a service not using 'luxury mini coaches.'
My understanding is that service 64 will be operated under the 'easyCoach' brand.
Cadet CB54BUS has been acquired from Helms of Eastham.
(18/02/2017 11:29)Townlynx Wrote:  My understanding is that service 64 will be operated under the 'easyCoach' brand.
Cadet CB54BUS has been acquired from Helms of Eastham.

CB54 BUS has now been collected from Helms of Eastham and will be going for its repaint early next week. It will be joined by Dennis Dart MPD SJ53 AWX which has been purchased from Stafford Bus Centre and it has been painted overall white ready for branding.

Without trying to put fuel on the fire for inappropriate comments I can assure you all that there is no connection between TSL and this vehicles previous operator and it was only on hire to them from Stafford Bus. One of the reasons we have purchased this vehicle is because of the amount of work it has had done to it since it returned of hire and it is now a very pleasant little bus.
Manchester Airport service w/n in this weeks N&P effective 10 January. Since it is cancelled in both WM and NW presumably should not have been registered in the first place?
(11/03/2017 14:55)mikestone Wrote:  Manchester Airport service w/n in this weeks N&P effective 10 January. Since it is cancelled in both WM and NW presumably should not have been registered in the first place?

They have submitted a further 'Easybus 5' registration this week for this service.
Also submitted a new short notice registration for service 64 and an X70 registration which is presumably a positioning journey for the 64 vehicle.
I'm also told that two further saloons are being acquired which would total 4 service buses.
On VOSA:

THE SKIERS LODGE LIMITED, ALASKA BUILDING, SITKA DRIVE,
SHREWSBURY BUSINESS PARK, SHREWSBURY, SY2 6LG
To: Manchester Airport Bus Station
Via: Oswestry, Wrexham & Chester
Name or No.: Easybus 5
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 01 May 2017
Other details: Daily except Christmas Day

PD1025479/3 THE SKIERS LODGE LIMITED, ALASKA BUILDING, SITKA DRIVE,
SHREWSBURY BUSINESS PARK, SHREWSBURY, SY2 6LG
To: Llangollen
Via: Glyn Ceiriod, Chirk & Froncysylite
Name or No.: 64
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 01 April 2017
Other details:

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
According to the Traveline Cymru website the 64 will be operated under the Easybus brand.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)