Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Aircraft Incident : San Francisco International Airport. - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Transport (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Shipping and Aviation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Aircraft Incident : San Francisco International Airport. (/showthread.php?tid=684)

Aircraft Incident : San Francisco International Airport. - wirralbus - 06/07/2013 19:20

A Boeing 777 aircraft has crash landed at San Francisco international airport.

RE: Aircraft Incident : San Francisco International Airport. - SNL 824 - 06/07/2013 21:30

Fortunately looks like a lot of survivors. Asiana 214 landed short. I know this airport well and the runway in question reaches out into SF bay. The approach is from the south - not sure if it was 28L or 28R, but looks like it was 50 yards short and the tail clipped the boulders at the edge of the water. I think it's probably 28L.
At first look it looks very similar to the BA incident at LHR a few years back - but everyone was pretty certain that Boeing had fixed the frozen fuel problem.

RE: Aircraft Incident : San Francisco International Airport. - jtd508110 - 06/07/2013 23:21

The aircraft involved was registered HL7742 and was a mere 7.4 years old. The witness reports seem very strange with regards to the aircraft being out of control and a separation of the tail fin and one of the PW4090 engines. I flew on this particular aircraft in 2009 on one of my legs from London to Sydney and it was a very nice airplane to fly on. There are now 2 confirmed fatalities and 61 injuries

RE: Aircraft Incident : San Francisco International Airport. - SNL 824 - 06/07/2013 23:39

Looks now like we have some fatalities - not good.