Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Football - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bus Depot Canteen (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Sports Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Football (/showthread.php?tid=657)

RE: FA Cup - wirralbus - 08/11/2014 12:16

Oh you could see the magic of the FA Cup being played out in front of all those television viewers , all willing Warrington to do the unthinkable and proceed onto the next round .

I bet it was only the adrenaline that kept them going towards the end of that second half and the thoughts of another possible Football League scalp ahead of them.

RE: FA Cup - SNL 824 - 08/11/2014 21:30

Absolutely agree. It was great to see this sort of match on TV- and Warrington deserve d the win. Really looking forward to the second round. HOpe they get a money earner.

RE: Television Rights - wirralbus - 13/12/2014 10:46

It seems that the next Premier League Television rights will have 10 Friday Night fixtures included in a bundle .

This therefore means that in some weeks there could be football of some form on TV every day of the week .

When this next rights come up will we see the end of the domination by Sky Sports .

RE: Television Rights - SLTRegular - 15/02/2015 20:08

Theres nearly always Football on every day anyway http://www.live-footballontv.com/ is how i find out whats on

2015-16 Football Season - SK15 GZG - 07/06/2015 21:09

A thread for the the discussion of the 2015-16 football season

A very poor performance from England today in their friendly with the Republic of Ireland. Rooney wasted one of England's few decent scoring opportunities and I thought Sterling in particular was absolutely dreadful to say the least. Both sides wasted countless chances to score and I think the result is a fair reflection of how both teams played

In other news - following the departure of assistant manager Colin Pascoe and first team coach Mike Marsh - former players Sami Hyypia and Bolo Zenden have both been rumoured as potential returnees to the club as part of the coaching staff. I for one would welcome the return of both - in particular Hyypia who is my all time favourite Liverpool player

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - wirralbus - 18/06/2015 20:12

I think somebody must be having a big laugh when they made the fixture list up and sent Liverpool down to Stoke for there first match of this new campaign. This is the team that they played in the last match of the previous season when Liverpool came a cropper good style.

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - SK15 GZG - 30/06/2015 23:20

Leicester City have parted company with manager Nigel Pearson after nearly four years in charge of The Foxes which was his second spell as the club's manager. A shame in my opinion after he brilliantly guided The Foxes to a well deserved 14th place finish and as a result secured another season of Premier League football for the club

Meanwhile Championship team Sheffield Wednesday have appointed Carlos Carvalhal as their new manager following the departure of Stuart Gray at the start of the month after being manager of The Owls for eighteen months. Another shame as despite our poor form at home (5 wins and 11 draws out of 23) last season he guided us to our highest placed finish (13th) for a number of seasons with a number of very good results away from home along the way too

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - John I - 01/07/2015 22:38

(30/06/2015 23:20)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Leicester City have parted company with manager Nigel Pearson after nearly four years in charge of The Foxes which was his second spell as the club's manager. A shame in my opinion after he brilliantly guided The Foxes to a well deserved 14th place finish and as a result secured another season of Premier League football for the club

Meanwhile Championship team Sheffield Wednesday have appointed Carlos Carvalhal as their new manager following the departure of Stuart Gray at the start of the month after being manager of The Owls for eighteen months. Another shame as despite our poor form at home (5 wins and 11 draws out of 23) last season he guided us to our highest placed finish (13th) for a number of seasons with a number of very good results away from home along the way too
Interesting appointment!
I wonder if Nigel Pearson had been sacked earlier would he have been a contender at Hillsborough especially the last time the Owls won any silverware he was club captain!

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - SK15 GZG - 02/07/2015 14:48

(01/07/2015 22:38)John I Wrote:  Interesting appointment!
I wonder if Nigel Pearson had been sacked earlier would he have been a contender at Hillsborough especially the last time the Owls won any silverware he was club captain!

It certainly is John - admittedly I'd never heard of him before until the article about his appointment was posted. Already named as part of Carvalhal's backroom staff following his appointment are Joao Mario, Joao Cunha and Bruno Lage. I've also read recently that The Owls are hoping to appoint current Swindon Town manager Mark Cooper as Carvalhal's assistant

Meanwhile Liverpool's latest signing is defender Nathaniel Clyne in a £12.5 million deal from Southampton. He follows on from Joe Gomez, Roberto Firmino, James Milner, Danny Ings and Adam Bogdan. Leaving the club so far are Brad Jones, Glen Johnson, Steven Gerrard, Sebastian Coates and Iago Aspas. Certainly a busy start to the transfer window for Liverpool to say the least

I'm very much looking forward to next season for both teams

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - wirralbus - 12/07/2015 17:31

The saga of Raheem Sterling may finally be coming to an end it looks like Manchester City and Liverpool have agreed a figure of £49m subject to contract negotiations and medical.