Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Football - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bus Depot Canteen (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Sports Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Football (/showthread.php?tid=657)

RE: 2012/13 Football Season - K101HUM - 23/09/2012 15:25

(15/09/2012 21:25)wirralbus Wrote:  There is one team on Merseyside having a good time at the moment Tranmere , who are presently sitting in 1st Place in League One after a 2-0 win against Coventry at Prenton Park.

A case of sheer ignorance, or even bias perhaps? Or a cheeky combination of the two. A team who convincingly overcome a quality Manchester United side on the opening day, a team which has continued to play open and creative football, a team which would be a point off the summit of the Premier League if it wasn't for a seemingly blind linesman on Monday night who decided to rule out two perfectly legitimate goals?

Yes, most certainly just the one team who shine bright in Merseyside at the moment. Despite a mere 41 league places below the other completely overlooked.

What a completely ludicrous statement to make. Somehow I think you'll fail to make the required grade as the next 'Big-Hit' for Sky Sports punditry team.

RE: 2012/13 Football Season - H101GEV - 23/09/2012 21:48

Was the referee really that bad? I've just watched the highlights and I think he did OK, probably getting all the major decisions right. Shelvey made a complete fool of himself with a dangerous tackle and silly reaction. He's got a lot of improving to do, that kid. Neither of our shouts was a penalty and there is no way Van Persie's challenge was anywhere near as serious as Shelvey's.

Fact of the matter is, you don't win games by wasting chances and giving the ball away as we so often do. In general our play is absolutely woeful and the players have only got themselves to blame for where we are now. It's simply premature to be talking about relegation however.

RE: 2012/13 Football Season - DVL418 - 24/09/2012 00:16

[quote='V671 DVU' pid='17184' dateline='1348410784']
Where do I start?...

Liverpool were quite clearly the better side, they played better football and deserved to win. But once again Man Utd decided to cheat. Valencia's penalty was quite clearly a dive, and thanks to the pi** poor referee they won the game. The referee was awful, Fergie's been paying him off there's no doubt about that... Shelvey sohuldn't have been sent off, Evans went in just as dangerously and where was his card? I tell you now, if Liverpool don't improve very soon indeed we could be rapidly relegated into the Championship. Not the way I should be thinking I know, but it's true. I don't care how much stick I get for this rant either!

Why this obsession with the conspiracy that opponents bribe referees when playing Liverpool. you really need to have a lie down in a darkened room.

Sorry to disappoint but death by replay however, indicated that the ref go it right - including not being conned by Suarez's ludicrous dive but he got it wrong by failing to reward his theatrics with a yellow card.

Liverpool could/should have gone in at half-time 2-0 up - but without a recognised top draw striker they couldn't make Man U pay. What price Torres back on loan? Confused

RE: John Terry - DVL418 - 24/09/2012 12:59

Hearing started this morning at Wembley. Chelsea will have their legal big guns on duty no doubt.

RE: 2012/13 Football Season - Jack - 24/09/2012 20:28

I'd happily have Torres back, but there is no chance he will leave Chelsea on loan or permanently.

RE: 2012/13 Football Season - DVL418 - 25/09/2012 12:02

The abusive stuff on the web from some Liverpool fans about the ref's recovery from cancer is absolutely appaling, and I trust the 99.9% of true lfc fans will want nothing to do with it.

RE: John Terry - H101GEV - 27/09/2012 16:58

So, a four game ban and £220,000 fine is Terry's punishment. An explanation as to the difference in severity between this and Suarez's incident would be welcomed.

RE: John Terry - Mal - 27/09/2012 18:03

(27/09/2012 16:58)507009 Wrote:  So, a four game ban and £220,000 fine is Terry's punishment. An explanation as to the difference in severity between this and Suarez's incident would be welcomed.

I'd love to know how they came up with that one as well! Surely it should have been an 8match ban as the offence was similar (if not the same) as Suarez's case?

Mal

RE: John Terry - MPTE1955 - 27/09/2012 18:08

(27/09/2012 18:03)Mal Wrote:  
(27/09/2012 16:58)507009 Wrote:  So, a four game ban and £220,000 fine is Terry's punishment. An explanation as to the difference in severity between this and Suarez's incident would be welcomed.

I'd love to know how they came up with that one as well! Surely it should have been an 8match ban as the offence was similar (if not the same) as Suarez's case?

Mal

Its the bumbling FA, once again they have proved that they couldnt run a bath, the punishment should have been the same, I have my views on why they have a different punishment for the same offence but I am not sure that they should be aired on here.

RE: John Terry - DVL418 - 27/09/2012 20:53

(27/09/2012 18:08)MPTE1955 Wrote:  
(27/09/2012 18:03)Mal Wrote:  

Mal

Its the bumbling FA, once again they have proved that they couldnt run a bath, the punishment should have been the same, I have my views on why they have a different punishment for the same offence but I am not sure that they should be aired on here.

As we haven't yet seen the written judgement that will set out the reasons behind the decision and the punishment shouldn't people hold fire before they re-start the 'everyone hates LFC' myth?