Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Cumfybus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cumfybus (/showthread.php?tid=49)

RE: Cumfybus - MTL0201 - 04/11/2014 11:09

(04/11/2014 06:58)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  Have you seen the Video? I don't think the victim is for one moment unpleasant, the actions of this driver are the issue. Drivers should be trained to deal with different types of behaviours. Does anyone supervise drivers whilst they are out and about? I know there is CCTV but are there any undercover passengers/ inspectors etc that will check how drivers behave.

If you bothered reading my post properly i do say it does not justify the actions of the driver who could be sacked.

RE: Cumfybus - motormayhem1 - 04/11/2014 13:20

(04/11/2014 10:46)Mayneway Wrote:  Do they?
Stagecoach Manchester certainly don't as it's something I've suggested to them in the past but they don't seem interested. Given that the CCTV is so good these days and records sound, I've even suggested picking random buses/drivers and reviewing the CCTV rather than sending undercover inspectors out but again they are not interested. They only send drivers on review courses if a passenger complains.
Don't get me wrong they do have driving checks now and again but there are done on training vehicles where drivers can put on a good performance.

It's crazy that in this day and age the big companies refer to us as customers not passengers yet drivers only get the very basic of customer service training.

The problem for smaller companies is a lot of thier drivers come from larger companies. Whether sacked or they leave of their own accord the smaller op isn't going to know of a drivers history only thier criminal record. So if this driver, for example, has done this before at Arriva and been sacked, comfybus wouldn't have a clue.

The inspectors i was talking to from gillmoss said they have plain clothed inspectors who travel around to different operating areas checking and if theres a problem clothed inspectors where called but that was some time ago when i worked at GTL Aintree depot when stagecoach took over but i guess things have changed since.

RE: Cumfybus - Mayneway - 04/11/2014 18:55

(04/11/2014 13:20)motormayhem1 Wrote:  The inspectors i was talking to from gillmoss said they have plain clothed inspectors who travel around to different operating areas checking and if theres a problem clothed inspectors where called but that was some time ago when i worked at GTL Aintree depot when stagecoach took over but i guess things have changed since.

That may have been to check drivers wernt on the fiddle etc, I don't think were actively checking drivers customer service skills.
I could be wrong and they may have a secret force of undercover agents,but I know when I mentioned it last year to them they claimed it was logistally not an option but that driving standards were automatically monitored using the green light?? System I think it's called. The small box that records excessive braking and accelerating etc.

I know the large retail company I work for has undercover shoppers who score everything from how clean te floor is to whether you make eye contact with them and it does work well.

RE: Cumfybus - V671 DVU - 04/11/2014 21:37

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/mersey-bus-driver-suspended-after-8050163 Bus drivers side of the story in todays Echo. Seems to admit where he's gone wrong but says he was provoked? Don't know what to think if i'm honest.

RE: Cumfybus - MPTE1955 - 04/11/2014 21:56

I have seen that as well, driver of course has to say what he thinks will save his job but this is the other side of the story. The only people that know what really happened is the two involved and anybody who was on the bus at the time. I suspect that the truth lies somewhere between the two accounts. Interesting isn't it.

RE: Cumfybus - WAITING FOR THE 437 - 04/11/2014 22:34

(04/11/2014 21:56)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I have seen that as well, driver of course has to say what he thinks will save his job but this is the other side of the story. The only people that know what really happened is the two involved and anybody who was on the bus at the time. I suspect that the truth lies somewhere between the two accounts. Interesting isn't it.

There was no need for the driver to leave his cab and speak in that tone of voice to the customer. This wasn't banter, but abusive and bullying behaviuor for which in my opinon should result in one outcome only, "The Sack"

RE: Cumfybus - Quackdave - 04/11/2014 22:47

I don't think it's been previously noted here that X182 NWR has gone to Tates Travel in Yorkshire; it appears to have been there for at least 7 months now:
Photo of X182 NWR, on Flickr, by Damian Sharples

Also confirmed withdrawn from service is T418 OUB, which has been declared SORN.

T412 OUB, on the other hand, has recently been re-taxed for 12 months!

RE: Cumfybus - MPTE1955 - 05/11/2014 07:49

(04/11/2014 22:34)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  There was no need for the driver to leave his cab and speak in that tone of voice to the customer. This wasn't banter, but abusive and bullying behaviuor for which in my opinon should result in one outcome only, "The Sack"

I do agree with you about leaving his cab, I did say that in an earlier posting, it was threatening behaviour so on that matter he deserves to go. However, there is also two sides to this so it would be interesting to see how this all started.

RE: Cumfybus - Mayneway - 05/11/2014 09:36

(05/11/2014 07:49)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I do agree with you about leaving his cab, I did say that in an earlier posting, it was threatening behaviour so on that matter he deserves to go. However, there is also two sides to this so it would be interesting to see how this all started.

It's a sad fact that certain people in this world get off on being jobs worth's. There's also many folks without a sense of humour, but at the end of the day he took the banter too far and clearly in the video he snapped which is evident. What's interesting is it wasn't a one off as he apparently shouted at another passenger for 'selling them the wrong ticket'.
Comfybus have a tough decision. Do they give him another chance with the risk of him snapping again and possibly assaulting someone or do they let him go. I think he needs to go.

RE: Cumfybus - MPTE1955 - 05/11/2014 09:41

(05/11/2014 09:36)Mayneway Wrote:  It's a sad fact that certain people in this world get off on being jobs worth's. There's also many folks without a sense of humour, but at the end of the day he took the banter too far and clearly in the video he snapped which is evident. What's interesting is it wasn't a one off as he apparently shouted at another passenger for 'selling them the wrong ticket'.
Comfybus have a tough decision. Do they give him another chance with the risk of him snapping again and possibly assaulting someone or do they let him go. I think he needs to go.

It may depend on his overall record, if he has been complained about before for similar behaviour then he will probably go. However, if is record has previously been exemplary he may get away with a warning, tough decision for his bosses.