Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Cumfybus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cumfybus (/showthread.php?tid=49)

RE: Cumfybus - T42 PVM - 20/06/2013 08:49

my worry is now, is just 2 routes going to pay for everything? the way it was said to me start of this month is they expected get half the tenders back

RE: Cumfybus - motormayhem - 20/06/2013 09:07

They may not go into maytrees old yard as im just going off what i got told as you never know they could ask slt could they park in there yard and just pay storing fees.

RE: Cumfybus - SF07 - 20/06/2013 10:29

Changes listed on TfGM website for 8 July and Cumfybus will be running quite a few services.

In addition to the 553 & 559, they will also run the 551, 570 and 622 plus evening and Sunday journeys on the 536 and evening journeys on the 612.

RE: Cumfybus - MX12CFE - 20/06/2013 11:13

One of the silver solos was on the 231 in maghull last night sporting a yellow rear bumper and another silver one has a yellow bonnet. Cumfys fleet does look very tired in in dire need of a refresh they did have a couple of Enviro 200s on demonstration last year but i was told they didnt like them and they prefer the original style optare solo only problem is they dont build it anymore.

RE: Cumfybus - Quackdave - 20/06/2013 17:29

(20/06/2013 07:19)B10B6514 Wrote:  Cumfy must be having a bit of a clearout as some long time withdrawn stock has been disposed of lately including 2 or 3 Myllenium DAFs.

Ah, I was going to ask about those, because by coincidence I did happen to check a few vehicles on DVLA recently, and noticed that V474 HKY and V475 HKY had both had their status changed to Unlicensed, mid-way through a month, which usually means a vehicle has gone to a dealer. A few days later I noticed that V474 HKY had been relicensed, and sure enough a search on Flickr shows it having turned up in Yorkshire - photo (credit: Andrew Stopford)

(I believe that was the last one to see use with Cumfybus.)

The Renault minibuses have also had their statuses updated recently - MX06 FMO is relicensed for a year (anyone know whether this is by a new owner and if so who?) whilst MX06 FNE is currently showing SORN Expired 13/06 and YRC is Unlicensed 22/05, so again, most probably gone.

There must be quite a few other vehicles that can reasonably be presumed disposed of by now, having been confirmed gone from their last known storage locations, and not having been reported turning up anywhere else. For example, the four Caetano Darts from Kirkby, and the various Aleros (and a couple of Fiats) that were at Birkenhead, which from my (admittedly poor) memory, I believe included YU02 GRX, YU02 GPV, YN03 UYD, the three or four Aleros that were acquired purely for spares, and W228 PHY. I think there may also have been one of the original white pair (YRU/YRV) though less sure of that.

Does anyone have any news on the current status/locations of these or any other withdrawn vehicles?

RE: Cumfybus - Gillmoss 0324 - 21/06/2013 11:59

With this expansion could Cumfybus become a target for a takeover by the likes of Centrebus or Rotala? Cumfybus could provide some fit with a smaller sized group looking to expand in North West?

RE: Cumfybus - T42 PVM - 22/06/2013 05:02

cumfybus was set up so when the current manager packs it in his family can sell the company and get some money for it however they dont want it so fingers crossed the company will stay as they are one of them firms that do the unexpected (like opening a bolton depot)

RE: Cumfybus - B10B6514 - 22/06/2013 11:59

Quite right BBB, it is a hands on family firm which has expanded gently over the last 12 years or so.

Instead of rapid expansion Cumfy have grown more gradually by getting used to it before moving on. This careful method preserves cashflow therefore maintaining a business that can afford to run itself. How many companies have gone under because they grew too quick and could not afford to survive?

In previous posts (including my own) mention has been made about the presentation of the fleet, thinking about it logically I would think Cumfy would prefer their buses all to carry allover ads as they have an in house/ very closely related ad agency, PSV Media. Another element that confirms the company's independence.

RE: Cumfybus - jimbo - 22/06/2013 22:46

To prove the above point JPT almost went under when they tried to compete with first on the 17. And maytree went under also

RE: Cumfybus - Neoplan N4009 - 22/06/2013 22:56

From the 7th of July a new Citylink service will be operating around Lime Street - Albert Docks & Vauxhall , route C7!