Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - motormayhem1 - 10/09/2014 21:01

(10/09/2014 18:40)MPTE1955 Wrote:  3098 is there as well isn't it, I take it that is also being repaired
3098 is parked round the rear of the depot and as not been touched and would be suprised if was repaired as looking at the damage it was severe but if it did get repaired i think a third party would do it just like they did with 2936.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - MPTE1955 - 10/09/2014 21:06

(10/09/2014 21:01)motormayhem1 Wrote:  3098 is parked round the rear of the depot and as not been touched and would be suprised if was repaired as looking at the damage it was severe but if it did get repaired i think a third party would do it just like they did with 2936.

Seen a photo of 3098 in the yard that somebody took the other day, what a mess it's, whole front will need a rebuild. I suppose the chassis will decide what happens to it.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - cx04axy - 11/09/2014 17:29

Any Bangor vechiles there mm

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - mathias - 12/09/2014 13:03

(04/09/2014 14:00)MPTE1955 Wrote:  About time they started painting those, long overdue, hope they have done inside as well unlike when they painted 4426 for Zoe's Place when inside was untouched.

Unfortunately Interurban 4423 (MX09 LXE) HASN'T had any internal refurb done to it.
Seen on route 55-OLD ROAN last night.

As the dark nights draw in, the interior lights of the bus were on, showing untouched, gently fading seats, the same as when new five years ago.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - H101GEV - 12/09/2014 14:05

That isn't surprising, as P&P seems to have taken a back seat as far as North West buses go just lately. The Commanders at Speke are still only part completed, and Green Lane has had a few of its Pulsars refurbished fitfully.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - mathias - 12/09/2014 14:23

To be fair though, it doesn't make much sense to renew the seats on a bus that's only five years old.

When Southport's B10BLE/Renowns went for full P&P two years ago, it was a sensible decision to renew the upholstery, especially when you consider they were 11 years old at the time.
The old seats were unpleasant to use, emitting a musty smell, suggesting replacement was much-needed.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - H101GEV - 12/09/2014 14:37

(12/09/2014 14:23)mathias Wrote:  To be fair though, it doesn't make much sense to renew the seats on a bus that's only five years old.

I would suggest, regardless of them being five years old, that the Enviro400s could do with their seats refreshed. Both batches have well worn seats from sheer use and some are rather smelly as well. They've given newer buses than the Enviro400s P&P anyway, including 59 plate Pulsars at Green Lane and Birkenhead.

E-leather seems to be the 'in thing' with Arriva at present, and could potentially be fitted as standard for bus refurbishments in the future.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - MPTE1955 - 12/09/2014 14:50

(12/09/2014 14:37)507009 Wrote:  I would suggest, regardless of them being five years old, that the Enviro400s could do with their seats refreshed. Both batches have well worn seats from sheer use and some are rather smelly as well. They've given newer buses than the Enviro400s P&P anyway, including 59 plate Pulsars at Green Lane and Birkenhead.

E-leather seems to be the 'in thing' with Arriva at present, and could potentially be fitted as standard for bus refurbishments in the future.

I agree about the seats on both batches, both batches could do with a tidy up internally, some of the 09 platers smell a bit musty when you get on.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - CX54 DKD - 12/09/2014 16:09

Some of St Helens' own vehicles are, somewhat ironically given that's where the work's carried out, among the worst in the NW fleet for needing their seating refreshed. Namely the B10 Renowns (though you could argue they're too close to the end of their life now I suppose) and the 54 plate Cadets which were in need of an internal refresh when they came off of the 89 road - let alone now! The 58 plate Pulsars aren't looking particularly fresh internally either.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - MPTE1955 - 12/09/2014 18:11

That true about all of those, what I think doesn't help on some buses is that tyne bridge moquette, in my opinion that is just horrible and even brand new it was dull.