Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Avon Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avon Buses (/showthread.php?tid=15)

RE: Avon Buses - Its a hobby - 14/08/2012 16:36

I did not I'd the vehicle but have a blurred photo if you want it.

RE: Avon Buses - Its a hobby - 15/08/2012 05:27

My above post does not make sense as a previous posting had been deleted by Admin for which I do understand. I am trying to re-write this post in a way that does not place a individual at risk. Not wanting to upset Avon or any in particular driver, but a vehicle on the road, and in service the night before was in a less than satisfactory state of repair, which is unusual for Avon. Me thinking that this was a forum felt that this was important to highlight and discuss. The vehilce had problems with its rear lighting to an extent that was unacceptable and shocking.

RE: Avon Buses - MPTE1955 - 15/08/2012 07:11

(15/08/2012 05:27)Its a hobby Wrote:  My above post does not make sense as a previous posting had been deleted by Admin for which I do understand. I am trying to re-write this post in a way that does not place a individual at risk. Not wanting to upset Avon or any in particular driver, but a vehicle on the road, and in service the night before was in a less than satisfactory state of repair, which is unusual for Avon. Me thinking that this was a forum felt that this was important to highlight and discuss. The vehilce had problems with its rear lighting to an extent that was unacceptable and shocking.

I think what it is mate is that we are not allowed to criticise a companys maintenance standards as it could potentially cause problems and complaints from that particular company. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

RE: Avon Buses - wirralbus - 15/08/2012 07:44

With regards to the 84/85 at the Raby end of the route , those roadworks outside Bromborough Golf Course there is actually four way temporary traffic lights and they are a pain if you arrive at them and the lights have already changed in the sequence as the sequence can be up to 3 mins in length before they come into your favour .

Presently or until very recently there has been a hole right on the end of Blakeley Road / Raby Hall Road making it awkward to turn left there .

RE: Avon Buses - N271CKB - 15/08/2012 08:57

Service 84/5 no starting and terminating at bottom of brookhurst ave

RE: Avon Buses - wirralbus - 15/08/2012 13:40

(15/08/2012 08:57)N271CKB Wrote:  Service 84/5 no starting and terminating at bottom of brookhurst ave

That must be a big let down for passengers in Raby Mere to have there services taken off them through no fault of there own.

RE: Avon Buses - Its a hobby - 15/08/2012 21:42

Quote:I think what it is mate is that we are not allowed to criticise a companys maintenance standards as it could potentially cause problems and complaints from that particular company. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

I understand this point entirely, I also believe that as a keen bus enthusiast that if a bus is on the road which is blatenly in such a bad state, whats the purpose of a forum! just to sing everyones praises.

I like Avon, I think they provide a good regular and relaible service, but if I spot something that is not acceptable or I feel needs discussing then I think this is the exact format. It was truely unforgivable. I have never seen a bus in such a bad state which could have been lethal. I'm sure if it was and a serious accident did occur we certainly would be discussing it! I think if a company accepts praise, then they should also accept responsibility for a seriuos failure.

Thats my opinon.

RE: Avon Buses - CX54 DKD - 15/08/2012 22:42

Criticism is fine, obviously we don't expect everyone to just come online and sing company's praises all day long. However, when we border upon the grey area of bringing a company into serious disrepute, that's when things need looking at and stopping in their tracks.

RE: Avon Buses - MPTE1955 - 16/08/2012 08:05

(15/08/2012 21:42)Its a hobby Wrote:  
Quote:I think what it is mate is that we are not allowed to criticise a companys maintenance standards as it could potentially cause problems and complaints from that particular company. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

I understand this point entirely, I also believe that as a keen bus enthusiast that if a bus is on the road which is blatenly in such a bad state, whats the purpose of a forum! just to sing everyones praises.

I like Avon, I think they provide a good regular and relaible service, but if I spot something that is not acceptable or I feel needs discussing then I think this is the exact format. It was truely unforgivable. I have never seen a bus in such a bad state which could have been lethal. I'm sure if it was and a serious accident did occur we certainly would be discussing it! I think if a company accepts praise, then they should also accept responsibility for a seriuos failure.

Thats my opinon.

I entirely agree with you and I had this argument the other week on here, but unfortunately fourm rules do not allow us to go too far.

RE: Avon Buses - Willowbrook - 16/08/2012 13:44

You did exactly right to tell the driver, that's the important bit. If a driver doesn't know there is a problem he's just going to carry on. There is nothing worse than someone who sees a potential disaster and tells everyone on a forum but doesn't do anything about it at the time to raise the alarm.