Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot (/showthread.php?tid=125)

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - T42 PVM - 02/03/2020 00:09

(01/03/2020 18:23)mikestone Wrote:  Now the 130 has gone they only meet Arriva Cymru don't they?

The 84 meets with the X30 in Chester still

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - mikestone - 02/03/2020 09:38

Why would Wythenshaw make sense- vehicles could be swopped from Winsford by using the 38 but Wythenshaw means dead mileage and finding a driver, and would also mean both managements would have to deal with Cheshire East.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 02/03/2020 09:56

(02/03/2020 09:38)mikestone Wrote:  Why would Wythenshaw make sense- vehicles could be swopped from Winsford by using the 38 but Wythenshaw means dead mileage and finding a driver, and would also mean both managements would have to deal with Cheshire East.

But Winsford vehicles go to Runcorn for servicing now so if they want to keep dead mileage to a minimum the vehicles would have do something like Macclesfield >> Crewe >> Northwich as part of their normal workings.

I wonder if Arriva submitted a bid for the 88/89 contract and if they did how and had won it whether things would have been different as that would have made it easy to get Wythenshawe vehicles in and out of Macc without any dead mileage - given Wythenshawe run a number of services to/from Altrincham. It might have also meant the 130 remained more viable as Arriva day tickets would have been better value for money in North East Cheshire.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - mikestone - 02/03/2020 13:26

Where would Cymru do the work Runcorn has been doing?

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 02/03/2020 14:53

(02/03/2020 13:26)mikestone Wrote:  Where would Cymru do the work Runcorn has been doing?

Huh

I was replying to your post about 'dead mileage' moving vehicles if Macc became an outstation of Wythenshawe. If the vehicles usually based at Macc have to go to Runcorn for servicing there's dead mileage anyway.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - EDB325 - 02/03/2020 15:40

(02/03/2020 14:53)knutstransport Wrote:  Huh

I was replying to your post about 'dead mileage' moving vehicles if Macc became an outstation of Wythenshawe. If the vehicles usually based at Macc have to go to Runcorn for servicing there's dead mileage anyway.
And that was my logic in the original post.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - mikestone - 02/03/2020 17:24

I realise that. If Winsford was to become part of Cymru then where would they have to send vehicles instead of Runcorn *if* they wished to keep it in house?

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - trixmax2000 - 02/03/2020 20:26

(02/03/2020 17:24)mikestone Wrote:  I realise that. If Winsford was to become part of Cymru then where would they have to send vehicles instead of Runcorn *if* they wished to keep it in house?

Don't forget that it is till Arriva North West & Wales all controlled with Head Office still been 73 Ormskirk Rd Aintree.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - EDB325 - 03/03/2020 11:06

(02/03/2020 20:26)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Don't forget that it is till Arriva North West & Wales all controlled with Head Office still been 73 Ormskirk Rd Aintree.
That's correct, but internal management is separated into three units. It's therefore possible that maintenance could pass to Chester. I still find the whole issue a little strange.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - iMarkeh - 03/03/2020 22:26

What benefit is it for the company to move Winsford to the Wales management?

It surely can't save money as the pay terms remain the same for the depot, the management aren't paid any more or less. Is it just that Wales management don't have as much to focus on compared to North West so trying to spread the workload?