Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot (/showthread.php?tid=125)

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - T42 PVM - 07/10/2015 10:17

From the 11th the 84 will be re-routed to start and finish at Chester Railway Station, At this rate theres going to be no point building a Bus Station in Chester...

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - T42 PVM - 06/11/2015 10:46

From 2nd Jan the 8 (Crewe Circular) will be Withdrawn... Think that leaves just 1 Town Service in Crewe now

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - wirralbus - 07/11/2015 07:58

(07/10/2015 10:17)T42 PVM Wrote:  From the 11th the 84 will be re-routed to start and finish at Chester Railway Station, At this rate theres going to be no point building a Bus Station in Chester...

I reckon that service change will benefit both the bus and train company. Will the bus stops around the rail station be able to cope.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 09/11/2015 12:50

Doubt that VERY much, its already packed enough around chester train station with all the traffic like people dropping off plus deliveries & the taxis all competing for space.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Valandil - 09/11/2015 20:04

I disagree: the stands just opposite Chester Railway Station don't seem to be very busy to me and certainly seem to be quieter than your average stand at a bus station.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - childwallblues - 09/11/2015 23:17

(09/11/2015 20:04)Valandil Wrote:  I disagree: the stands just opposite Chester Railway Station don't seem to be very busy to me and certainly seem to be quieter than your average stand at a bus station.
Totally agree.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - SK15 GZG - 11/11/2015 15:16

I have to agree as well. Whenever I've been at Chester railway station there's never been more than two buses (which are either very lightly loaded or empty) outside

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - copey - 17/11/2015 23:25

Changes to 84 service from 27th December 2015. Chester service is to go hourly with 3 shorts running to provide 15 minute headway between Crewe and Nantwich. This is due to the apparent need to cut costs on the service to turn a profit. The management have determined that the main source of revenue is between Crewe and Nantwich. Three DAF DB300 Geminis are to be provided for the service which I believe are coming from Speke and three Pulsars for the shorts. These buses are to be put through polish and promote before arrival.
D&G Have also registered a Nantwich short 84 running in the offpeak Mon to Fridays so I think the corridor might be slightly over bussed. This takes effect from 30th Nov 2015.
Also the Crewe local number 8 is being de registered. Apparently D&G have registered the service along with Routemaster Buses, so another case of over bussing on a route that Arriva can't make profitable.
On a different subject, Macclesfield are having to operate the 38 Crewe - Macclesfield Sapphire with only two out of three Geminis due to 4490 being sent away for engine repairs. Centro 2612 is presently on loan from Winsford to substitute.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Bevan Price - 17/11/2015 23:45

Would it not be cheaper for Chester depot to work the "long" 84s, avoiding some of the dead mileage between Winsford & Crewe ??

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - copey - 17/11/2015 23:53

(17/11/2015 23:45)Bevan Price Wrote:  Would it not be cheaper for Chester depot to work the "long" 84s, avoiding some of the dead mileage between Winsford & Crewe ??

It has not yet been suggested but I would not be surprised to see that happen or even another operator to step in.
I think the closure of Crewe back in 2006 was a massive mistake.