Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire (/showthread.php?tid=42)

RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - Barney - 15/06/2015 20:13

(15/06/2015 15:23)enrag2000 Wrote:  "New" open-top 17490 entered service a week ago but broke down this morning so there was a two-hour break on service 78 (Keswick-Seatoller). With engineering back-up 30 miles away and buses fifteen or more years old and not exactly having had an easy life, it is not a good set-up.

I was up in the Lakes last week and waited 50 minutes at Bowness for a 599 which is advertised as a 20-minute frequency. I have no idea why there was a gap in the service but what was even more annoying was there was a ten-minute delay in Ambleside apparently waiting for a driver change-over. In total it took nearly two hours to get from Bowness to Grasmere. The people I was with - not regular bus users - were singularly unimpressed.

RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - mbonwick - 15/06/2015 21:20

There's been quite a high breakdown rate of the OTs over the last few weeks, and obviously being remote from Kendal it takes a fair time to get replacements out.

RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - Barney - 15/06/2015 21:34

(15/06/2015 21:20)mbonwick Wrote:  There's been quite a high breakdown rate of the OTs over the last few weeks, and obviously being remote from Kendal it takes a fair time to get replacements out.

If that is the case, would it not make sense for a spare bus to be stationed in the area during the day? As you say, it is a fair distance from Kendal and during the peak season it could take some time to get a replacement into position. When Ribble was the dominant operator in the area, I think it had out-stations in Ambleside and Keswick.

RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - mbonwick - 15/06/2015 22:29

Ambleside is still an outstation. I believe spare vehicle(s) and drivers are stationed at Windermere during high season.

(At this time of year) There's no real advantage to having spares sat around away from Kendal - because then getting staff to the vehicles becomes a problem.

RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - 507022 - 16/06/2015 22:17

Just mentioned on the news a bus crashed into a house after avoiding a car near Tebay. 17 passengers injured but thankfully none seriously. Looked like a Dart from the pictures but not certain.

RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - John I - 16/06/2015 22:18

A green Stagecoach dart has collided with a car and ended up embedded in a house in Tebay. This was reported on BBC North West Tonight @ 22;35. The driver unfortunately has suffered a broken leg with at least one passenger injured but not too serious.

RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - WhiteVanMan - 16/06/2015 22:21

(16/06/2015 22:18)John I Wrote:  A green Stagecoach dart has collided with a car and ended up embedded in a house in Tebay. This was reported on BBC North West Tonight @ 22;35. The driver unfortunately has suffered a broken leg with at least one passenger injured but not too serious.

Wasn't there an accident last year between a School bus and a lorry in Tebay ?

RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - mbonwick - 17/06/2015 00:01

Not quite, the Kirkby Lonsdale Coach Hire Optare Excel vs lorry incident last year was around Grayrigg.

Vehicle involved in this incident believed to be 34685.

RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - enrag2000 - 19/06/2015 10:37

All the blue Solos (47941-47966) should be in service on Carlisle services 60/61/61A/62/76 on Monday with some of them out tomorrow (Saturday).

There is a picture of 47956 on the Stagecoach website:

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/New%20buses%20for%20Carlisle.aspx?hootPostID=ea2b905fefb742f68a00546abb5045​72

The two Euro6 Solos in normal fleet livery for services 77/77A (Keswick-Buttermere) have now arrived and they are 48001/48002 (YJ15 ANF/AMV). They should be in service soon and are badly needed - one of the old Solos broke down at Buttermere the other day causing loss of service (40 miles from home!).

Open-top service 78 (Keswick-Seatoller) has broken down again this morning so for the third morning this week, there has been loss of service at Keswick.

RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - mbonwick - 20/06/2015 14:26

15 to Yorkshire, believed to be 6 for Midlands and the rest are unallocated AFAIK.