Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (https://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising (/showthread.php?tid=1769)



RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - PAUL2511 - 08/09/2026 21:44

(08/09/2026 15:52)Y458 KNF Wrote:  I wonder what the long term plan is for these “spare” Stagecoach MMCs will another batch of new Metro spec vehicles replace them eventually?

37488 and the other will go to Cumbria


RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - Y458 KNF - 08/09/2026 22:34

(08/09/2026 21:44)PAUL2511 Wrote:  37488 and the other will go to Cumbria

I knew the 2 Enviro200s are loans I’m referring to the Enviro400s.


RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - Gazroberts80 - 09/09/2026 00:20

(08/09/2026 22:34)Y458 KNF Wrote:  I knew the 2 Enviro200s are loans I’m referring to the Enviro400s.

My guess is that they will remain as part of a reserve fleet for LCR metro bus. St Helens have already made good use of the majority of them to cover the expected initial unreliability of the new buses. A similar situation can be expected when roll out happens at other LCR garages in future. If you look at the fleet utilisation on bustimes.org you can see that St Helens can theoretically meet its service requirements by using just the new buses if they are all operational. Reliability will of course improve but it is highly likely that over the coming year a few of the new buses will suffer from incidents that put them out of action for extended periods of time.


RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - MTL0201 - 09/09/2026 06:24

It's going to be fun when the Ultroliners start from Birkenhead in a few weeks, & could the fact that the Ultroliners being stored in a compound in Widnes for months caused some of the issues they're having, as don't think the Ultroliners have had issues with other operators that the Metro ones are having.


RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - CX06 EBK - 09/09/2026 11:45

The 108s are still owned by Stagecoach so if they're to be used anywhere else in franchising it'll only be at any additional depots they win.


RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - St Helens Rider - 09/09/2026 17:03

Again credit to SHTV, this is the second part of video showing movements around Jackson Street Saturday night/Sunday morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjAOfGL5-5s


RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - moreton407 - 10/09/2026 10:59

Who will be operating the school buses around St Helens? And when will that start?

Are the school buses operated by Stagecoach still operating out of Gillmoss or from Jackson Street?


RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - NathanR - 10/09/2026 21:41

(10/09/2026 10:59)moreton407 Wrote:  Who will be operating the school buses around St Helens? And when will that start?

Are the school buses operated by Stagecoach still operating out of Gillmoss or from Jackson Street?

School contracts for the Liverpool City Region were awarded to HTL, so I think the vehicles will run out of their depot or elsewhere (since I believe they were looking into another depot, unless I'm wrong) The deckers they've acquired I believe are exclusively for the school contracts.

I can't find info on a date, but I'm assuming it's very soon (presumably within the next few weeks as franchising will also roll out in Wirral)


RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - lcm453 - 11/09/2026 08:33

Is there a fleetlist on bustimes for Liverpool City Region's buses?


RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - Gazroberts80 - 11/09/2026 12:23

(11/09/2026 08:33)lcm453 Wrote:  Is there a fleetlist on bustimes for Liverpool City Region's buses?

https://bustimes.org/operators/m-network-2/vehicles