Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Go Goodwins - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Go Goodwins (/showthread.php?tid=1005)

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 01/09/2017 10:06

(31/08/2017 23:02)Mayneway Wrote:  Makes no difference. They sign a contract and agree to the terms of the contract, part of which is vehicles are to be low floor and under 15 years of age.
As I've mentioned already an independant sadly no longer around used to be heavily criticised for using elderly vehicles with cherished plates on on school services, plus it's not exactly fair on operators who stringlently make sure all their fleet are well below the 15 year age mark.

It's not so bad of they are used occasionally when nothing else is available but if there our every day it's really not good enough.

Indeed. If an operator wins a contract for being the lowest priced bidder and then doesn't comply with the terms of the contract, then it's unfair on the other operators who placed bids and would have complied with the contract terms.

Does anyone know why Go Goodwins replaced modern buses with older vehicles? I heard YX11 CNE and YX11 CNF were released because they wanted a consistent fleet of Solos, which is fair enough. However, why did Solos YJ08 PJU and YJ08 PJV join them at D&G Bus when they have much older Solos in the fleet?

RE: Go Goodwins - ant17612 - 01/09/2017 10:40

From an enthusiast point of view, I love the fact they are still going. They are in far better condition then some almost new ones with the likes of tinpot HTL and Cumfybus!

RE: Go Goodwins - ant17612 - 01/09/2017 10:43

(01/09/2017 10:06)knutstransport Wrote:  Indeed. If an operator wins a contract for being the lowest priced bidder and then doesn't comply with the terms of the contract, then it's unfair on the other operators who placed bids and would have complied with the contract terms.

Does anyone know why Go Goodwins replaced modern buses with older vehicles? I heard YX11 CNE and YX11 CNF were released because they wanted a consistent fleet of Solos, which is fair enough. However, why did Solos YJ08 PJU and YJ08 PJV join them at D&G Bus when they have much older Solos in the fleet?

They haven't come from Goodwins. The 60 reg ones did. A lot of the fleet swapping was down to funding the new MOT Centre. Now that has paid off they've invested once again. With the 2 Enviro400 MMC's and the almost brand new second hand Enviro200.

RE: Go Goodwins - ant17612 - 01/09/2017 12:04

SCZ3842 has been stripped of it's branding and given fleet number 20666. 20857 MX56NLU is here on loan from Atherton, believed to be one of 3.

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 01/09/2017 13:04

(01/09/2017 10:43)ant17612 Wrote:  They haven't come from Goodwins. The 60 reg ones did. A lot of the fleet swapping was down to funding the new MOT Centre. Now that has paid off they've invested once again. With the 2 Enviro400 MMC's and the almost brand new second hand Enviro200.

Yes I gave the registrations for the wrong Solo M800s.

RE: Go Goodwins - ant17612 - 01/09/2017 15:07

Have written a blog post about the takeover;
https://ant60007.wixsite.com/apd-media/single-post/2017/09/01/Go-Goodwins-Buses-Little-Gem---The-End-of-an-Era

RE: Go Goodwins - SK15 GZG - 02/09/2017 14:09

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I can't find a list

Does anyone have a list of vehicles which have transferred? Thanks in advance

RE: Go Goodwins - RedPanda - 02/09/2017 14:19

(02/09/2017 14:09)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I can't find a list

Does anyone have a list of vehicles which have transferred? Thanks in advance

List of buses so far is on Diamond thread but nothing proper found
http://dartslf.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=95&pid=111333#pid111333

RE: Go Goodwins - Metroline1511 - 02/09/2017 19:14

(01/09/2017 10:06)knutstransport Wrote:  Indeed. If an operator wins a contract for being the lowest priced bidder and then doesn't comply with the terms of the contract, then it's unfair on the other operators who placed bids and would have complied with the contract terms.

I remember too that Go Goodwins used to have Streetlites. The first one I ever rode was with Go Goodwins!

On an unrelated note, it would have been more consistent if Goodwins had sold their full bus portfolio to Rotala rather than all normal services and some but not all school services.

RE: Go Goodwins - Mayneway - 02/09/2017 22:11

(02/09/2017 19:14)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I remember too that Go Goodwins used to have Streetlites. The first one I ever rode was with Go Goodwins!

On an unrelated note, it would have been more consistent if Goodwins had sold their full bus portfolio to Rotala rather than all normal services and some but not all school services.

But the school work fits in nicely with the coaching side of it and some of the schools are run as closed door private services.
Strange though that they have retained some of the TFGM school contracts that were run as part of the little gem set up but again there could be various reasons why these were retained.

Odder is the fact rotala have also registered some school services in the area presumably TFGM tender gains, but wouldn't prices for these have been placed some months ago - makes you wonder how long this deal has been going on behind the scenes.