Current time: 18/04/2024, 01:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Election 2015 - General Discussion
RE: Election 2015 - General Discussion
A few seats in our area could change hands. I reckon Labour will gain Manchester Withington, Burnley, Bury North, Pendle and maybe Wirral West. As few Conservative voters from 2010 will have been bothered by their policies, I reckon their other marginal seats outside the Mets, such as Chester, will remain Conservative.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/05/2015 19:18)Metroline1511 Wrote:  A few seats in our area could change hands. I reckon Labour will gain Manchester Withington, Burnley, Bury North, Pendle and maybe Wirral West. As few Conservative voters from 2010 will have been bothered by their policies, I reckon their other marginal seats outside the Mets, such as Chester, will remain Conservative.

Errr, Labour are odds on to regain Crewe & Nantwich and Weaver Vale, with High Peak (Buxton), Warington South and Chester, currently held by the Tories , too close to call. Lib Dems likely to hold Cheadle.

A lot depends on how many mainstream party supporters defect to UKIP.
(02/05/2015 19:35)DVL418 Wrote:  Errr, Labour are odds on to regain Crewe & Nantwich and Weaver Vale, with High Peak (Buxton), Warington South and Chester, currently held by the Tories , too close to call. Lib Dems likely to hold Cheadle.

A lot depends on how many mainstream party supporters defect to UKIP.

Out of these I can see the more likely Labour gains being Crewe & Nantwich and Warrington South, as these were Labour in 1992. Another seat too close to call is LibDem - Tory marginal Hazel Grove, where LibDem MP Andrew Stunnell has just stood down.

I think Labour's brightest prospects in Britain are in London and West Yorkshire!
(02/05/2015 20:20)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Out of these I can see the more likely Labour gains being Crewe & Nantwich and Warrington South, as these were Labour in 1992. Another seat too close to call is LibDem - Tory marginal Hazel Grove, where LibDem MP Andrew Stunnell has just stood down.

I think Labour's brightest prospects in Britain are in London and West Yorkshire!

1992? - Tories won Crewe & Nantwich in a bye election in 2008 after death of Gwyneth Dunwoody and held at 2010 general. Warrington South Tory gain in 2010.

Tories are just ahead in Hazel Grove, with Lib Dems now relying on tactical voting by Labour supporters to save them, but one of the Lib Dems local election candidates has not helped their cause with a foul mouthed email rant that has been copied widely and damaged their local standing.
Looks like David Cameron will make it into number 10 again, clearly people have been lying about who they where going to vote for

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Don't think that it's any surprise that the conservatives were re-elected, it's more that they have a majority rather than a minority.
i know a lot of people that would still vote labour if we hadn't had brown palmed off on us as pm

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(08/05/2015 10:41)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Don't think that it's any surprise that the conservatives were re-elected, it's more that they have a majority rather than a minority.

The actual majority could be more of a problem and that problem could be the old chestnut Europe .
(08/05/2015 14:19)SLTRegular Wrote:  i know a lot of people that would still vote labour if we hadn't had brown palmed off on us as pm

And Tory Blair Angry

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
WE are now nearly four months down the track from when the General Election was and the Labour Party still have NO proper leader , not really good for Her majesty's loyal opposition. The Liberal democrat's managed to get a new leader in quicker admittedly they did only have a handful of MP's for them to choose from.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)