Current time: 23/04/2024, 17:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pubs for Bus Spotting?
Pubs for Bus Spotting?
Can anyone give me any advice on pubs with either good beer gardens with roadside views or roads with windows on a very Busy Main road? i couldn't find a good one in Liverpool as the best pubs are off main roads or don't have windows in the right places eg The Dispensary, The Crack..

Personally some favorites of Mine are the Grand Central on Oxford Road in Manchester gets a lot of Stagecoach First and Arriva down there and has good music on but a poor pint Sad
The Berkeley in Wigan
The Cider Tap/The Beer Tap at London Euston Bus Stand Lots of Euston Bus action

Would really like somewhere in St Helens,Liverpool,Bolton and North side of Manchester i guess?

Would prefer a good choice of pints to if possible? Real Cider is a Preferred Drink but unlikely i guess

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Pubs for Bus Spotting?
The Green Ayre (Wetherspoons) is right next to the bus station in Lancaster...not in your area I know but worth considering for a day out.
Wetherspoons tend to have real cider so thats a Possible one apart from the awful one in Liverpool that only sells Strongbow? it's near Lime St and the 500 goes near it i was in there on Saturday with a Terrible pint ended up drinking a Bottle of Aspalls instead was near £4 Sad i love Liverpool for pubs i've just never found a great one on a busy road there all on quirky side streets and Alleys

Any out of Area Suggestions are welcome i do get out and about around the country and the world... i know some great tram spotting pubs Young and Jackson in Melbourne you get all of St Kilda Road trams the 70 75 City Circle (Heritage Route) and Another which i forgot and bus Spotting in Brisbane my favourite beer garden pub was The Victory for Tri Axle Volvo/Scanias with Brisbane Bus T and my beloved Volgren Optimus B7RLE's with both Transdev and BBT

Wetherspoons Running Horses in St Helens is on the Town Centre exit by the Range - very decent spot at the front of the Pub. Also Market Tavern on Bridge Street. The Sefton Arms on the side nearest Wilkinsons isn't too bad either.
(27/03/2015 17:55)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Wetherspoons Running Horses in St Helens is on the Town Centre exit by the Range - very decent spot at the front of the Pub. Also Market Tavern on Bridge Street. The Sefton Arms on the side nearest Wilkinsons isn't too bad either.

The Art Picture House (Wetherspoons again) in Bury is situated right opposite the entrance to Bury Interchange. Excellent choice of real ales and ciders makes it very hard to leave especially if you are sat near the windows watching various operators entering/leaving the interchange.
The Anvil in Wigan which it's right outside the bus station. Both The Henry Segrave and Willow Grove ' spoons in Southport. The Bold Arms and The Hesketh in Churchtown village, Southport for 49s and the odd coach during the season.
The new bar at the front of the Scarisbrick hotel in Southport.
Yates Wine Lodge in Fishergate in Preston.
The Travellers Tavern opposite Victoria Coach Station in London.
Johnny Fox's in Inverness.

They're of the top of my head. I'll post more as I remember our find them Smile
The Anvil doesn't stock real cider at the moment Sad even though it's the Wigan camra cider pub there's a joke somewhere there.. i've not been in in months but have friends that check for me i also find you cant read reg plates easily there.

I know the Travellers Tavern in London

(27/03/2015 23:38)John I Wrote:  The Art Picture House (Wetherspoons again) in Bury is situated right opposite the entrance to Bury Interchange. Excellent choice of real ales and ciders makes it very hard to leave especially if you are sat near the windows watching various operators entering/leaving the interchange.

An excellent pub which serves both cask ales and ciders along with a good selection of bottled beers is the Micro Bar in Manchester.
Situated on High Street - within Manchester's Arndale Centre - you can sit on stools looking at both buses and trams as they pass within feet of you. I was there myself today.
Yea Microbars Amazing they normally have some excellent Lancashire Real Cider on and it's great for watching Metrolink and The First Stagecoach Bus War.

Worst thing about microbar is the closing time shuts far to early

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)