Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
Looks like 120 and 141 both failed on Knutsford to Macclesfield runs today with 140 and 129 being drafted in to replace them.

Vehicle 140 was on the 130 route first thing but got replaced by 131 that was on the 38 first thing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Presumably the roads were impassable through Pickmere today as 89 services seemed to be diverting along Linnards Lane between the A556 and Wincham.
From the D&G website:

Due to increases in our running costs as well as significantly reduced passenger numbers due to the pandemic, we have had to make the difficult decision to increase some of our fares. We have not changed most of our prices for several years, and our new fares continue to offer competitive rates for bus travel. Here's the details of what is changing:

Most single fares will increase by up to 10p.
Early Bird Return tickets will cost £3.30.
Crewe Return tickets will cost £4.30 adult, £3.75 student and £3.00 young person.
Weekly Rover tickets will cost £18.00 adult and £15.50 student / young person
Group Day Rover tickets will cost £10.00

All other fares will remain unchanged.

The single fares increasing by 10p won't be popular. I know of some that already have gone up from £3.50 to £4.20 in the past few years.
Are there reliability issues with the ex-Rotola Streelite WFs (59-61)? It looks like 2 of them haven't been out this month and I'm sure some of them have gone extended periods with not being used.
Just noticed there's two ex-APH Metrocities operating out of Adderley Green.
(18/12/2021 21:19)knutstransport Wrote:  Just noticed there's two ex-APH Metrocities operating out of Adderley Green.

These were acquired recently yes they are 149 YJ67GBX and 151 YJ67GBY they are due to go away for repaint and internal refurb in January including removal of luggage racks.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Think the driver of the first Knutsford to Macclesfield journey this morning got lost. The tracking shows the bus going down the A50 to Cranage, turning around and going back to the junction with Stocks Lane, 20 minutes after first passing it. That journey was supposed to be straight down the A537 to Seven Sisters Lane.
Think they've got the odd new driver at Winchem and I believe one of the regulars is off at the moment.
120 was tracking as 139 this morning.
AA Roadwatch reporting a problem at A537/A34 junction causing traffic disruption. It seems D&G Bus 41 might be involved in whatever's happened.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)