Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(06/10/2021 21:27)Rick Hunter Wrote:  53 was indeed on 130s It replaced 137 which was put off with numerous defects. At least one driver will be pleased to see 53 at Wincham as it's his favourite Enviro

It looks like 137 had only replaced 54 the previous day.

I was wondering whether someone made an error by sending 53 up to take over 130 journeys or whether they've resolved the issue with 53/54 and the Alderley Park speed bumps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It looks like the Handforth Dean service no longer tracks, unless they haven't operated it since last Monday.
The Hanforth Dean is still running. No idea why it doesn't track unless the driver doesn't log on the machine with it being a free service. Some machines are having gps issues

(10/10/2021 12:10)knutstransport Wrote:  It looks like the Handforth Dean service no longer tracks, unless they haven't operated it since last Monday.

Works for me
Handforth Dean services definitely not tracking anymore. There is usually a large Enviro not showing as tracking, so presumably that's doing the John Deanes & Handforth Dean work but not being tracked.

Obviously the Handforth Dean services are pick-up only in one direction and set-down only in the other and sometimes they don't run the full route if there's no-one further to drop off, so I wonder if that's why they're not bothering with tracking anymore?
Looks like 32 returned to service on Thursday.

30 has gone on to the 82 today after being swapped with 25 which started the day on the 82.

33 looks to have gone down to Crewe as it's running the 85 today. 34 and 53 look to have gone up to Wincham.
I wondered how come 25 was lying in the yard at Wincham. Must have had a problem in Northwich so did a swap. 33 was sent down to Crewe for inspection/repair Drivers yesterday complained of extremely rattly cab window. That means only 2 serviceable big vehicles at Wincham. Luckily the schools are off. There are only 2 Solos at Wincham, 129 and 130, and 3 are required so someone is going to have to use an Enviro on 130s on Monday.

(23/10/2021 13:26)knutstransport Wrote:  Looks like 32 returned to service on Thursday.

30 has gone on to the 82 today after being swapped with 25 which started the day on the 82.

33 looks to have gone down to Crewe as it's running the 85 today. 34 and 53 look to have gone up to Wincham.

Works for me
(23/10/2021 20:55)Rick Hunter Wrote:  I wondered how come 25 was lying in the yard at Wincham. Must have had a problem in Northwich so did a swap.

Looks like it was on the 08:45 Chester to Rudheath but after getting to Watling Street, it continued to the Wincham depot instead of Rudheath. Then 6 minutes after it arrived, 30 started tracking on the 82 and moved out to Rudheath. 25 was also shown as being on time in Hartford and arriving early in Northwich, so sounds like the vehicle was driveable but there was something the driver wasn't happy with.

Quote:That means only 2 serviceable big vehicles at Wincham. Luckily the schools are off. There are only 2 Solos at Wincham, 129 and 130, and 3 are required so someone is going to have to use an Enviro on 130s on Monday.

Given 53 was used on the 130 recently and it was apparently 53 and 54 which had an issue with the speed bumps at Alderley Park, does mean a solution has been found?

Usual loading figures will likely go out of the window next week. I'm aware they are also doing COVID boosters/flu jabs for the over 80s at Knutsford Community Hospital next week, for those who haven't already gone to the larger centres in Hartford and Middlewich. So that might well result in some additional local journeys being made to and from Knutsford bus station.
The drivers that were regulars on 130 at the start when 53 and 54 were first used are no longer with the company. Of the current drivers that are on the route one often misses out Alderley park if he has an Enviro200 and the others drive slower in there. The solution therefor is different drivers.

(24/10/2021 10:11)knutstransport Wrote:  Given 53 was used on the 130 recently and it was apparently 53 and 54 which had an issue with the speed bumps at Alderley Park, does mean a solution has been found?

Works for me
Looks like 25 made it's way to Crewe to get attention as it's on the 8 this morning. One of the big Enviros is on the 82 and another is on the 85 so neither made their way back to Wincham, in the other direction.

Vehicle 130 is on 88/89 journeys this morning, which means there's 2 Enviros on 130 journeys. Looks like 37 was supposed to go on the 88 but was switched for 130.
Notice D&G are changing the 82 from the same date as Arriva are starting running the new through 1 Weaverham-Northwich-Rudheath service. It will mean D&G 82 services will run 5 minutes ahead of one of the 1 services and they will have a shorter dwell time at Watling Street in the Rudheath direction and a longer one in the Chester direction.

The Sunday service (run by D&G) is also being revised to match the new route on the Mon-Sat (Arriva) service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)