Current time: 29/03/2024, 11:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(02/11/2019 21:00)Rick Hunter Wrote:  Solo 45 suffered a shattered destination glass. The driver had to take the bus to Wincham and retrieve the spare which was Enviro200 30. He was then instructed to run empty to Macclesfield and pick up service there. Hence the extreme lateness.

The return working from Altrincham to Macclesfield was pretty close to time going through Knutsford, perhaps highlighting how much padding there is in the 88 timetable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/11/2019 07:44)M60lad Wrote:  Only with the missing mirror I dont think the bus can be driven can it?

Just going a scan on the Highway Code I can't see any mention of vehicles not being allowed on the road if a mirror has broken but obviously if you can't drive safely with one being broken then you shouldn't.

Strangely, a vehicle without a working horn isn't roadworthy and it also isn't legal to test a horn if the vehicle is on the road - testing it on a driveway is fine.

I recall on the GHA Gold Enviros the pavement side mirrors got hit a lot as tall passengers frequently underestimated how low they are. Perhaps that's partly why D&G have bright yellow stickers on some of their mirrors.
It's not ideal , as sometimes they tell you to off load your passengers and run it back empty.
Driving a bus without an offside mirror is a definite no no as pulling away from stops would be a nightmare with not being able to see what is coming. No nearside is easier to cope with but not ideal.

(03/11/2019 15:38)motormayhem1 Wrote:  It's not ideal , as sometimes they tell you to off load your passengers and run it back empty.

Works for me
In that instance it is a good job there is plenty of time on the Altrincham side. Otherwise the complete Knutsford to Macclesfield and Macclesfield to Knutsford would have had to be dropped. As it is at least one way ran, albeit very late. the 12.45 from Macclesfield is the Beggarmans Lane one

(03/11/2019 10:57)knutstransport Wrote:  The return working from Altrincham to Macclesfield was pretty close to time going through Knutsford, perhaps highlighting how much padding there is in the 88 timetable.

Works for me
(03/11/2019 22:30)Rick Hunter Wrote:  In that instance it is a good job there is plenty of time on the Altrincham side. Otherwise the complete Knutsford to Macclesfield and Macclesfield to Knutsford would have had to be dropped. As it is at least one way ran, albeit very late. the 12.45 from Macclesfield is the Beggarmans Lane one

Not necessairly. There used to be a longer layover at Macc, which got reduced when the 88 got re-routed via Longridge and additional padding got added to the timetable.

If there was no padding and short turnaround times (like the old GHA 88) then it would create a problem - GHA sometimes ran very late buses out-of-service between Altrincham and Knutsford via the A556 to get them back on time, rather than having one bus running 5 minutes ahead of the next one.
All - white Enviro200 100 back in Crewe yesterday.
;
Centrebus 581 previously also in all white reported now to be all red so may be heading here - or Select Bus.
Based on todays registrations list, it appears 15th December is a big change date for D&G with a fair few services changing.
(04/11/2019 16:47)iMarkeh Wrote:  Based on todays registrations list, it appears 15th December is a big change date for D&G with a fair few services changing.

89 appears in the list but not 88. 82 also appears. I wonder if they plan to do something to allow people to connect between the two services or to allow drivers to come off one service and go on to another, especially considering the 89 goes through Wincham.
Wincham depot isn't quite on the 89 route, it's quite a walk. Not really good practice running into the depot with public on board. Likely a slight change in timing on the 09.12 from Knutsford. 82 was rumoured to be going half hourly but not sure how true that is.

(07/11/2019 19:36)knutstransport Wrote:  89 appears in the list but not 88. 82 also appears. I wonder if they plan to do something to allow people to connect between the two services or to allow drivers to come off one service and go on to another, especially considering the 89 goes through Wincham.

Works for me

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)