Current time: 29/03/2024, 10:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
Today there's 3 x Solo SRs on the 88/89 and 1 x Streetlite. That's the first time since the new 88 contract started that I've noticed none of the Solo M880s on it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/02/2019 21:31)M60lad Wrote:  There is a possibilty shortly of a change of vehicle type for 82s, apparently the 82s are starting to get busy now and D&G have realised that the current 82s are too small for the route so if what I've heard/read elsewhere is true some of the ex Yellow Buses Versa's are heading to Winchem shortly to operate the route

The Versas have 37F seats, the Enviros currently being used have 39F seats - not sure how the total capacity including standing compares. Unless the Versas have significantly more standing space I'd guess any possibly of a swap is down to diesel consumption rather than capacity.
(23/02/2019 11:04)knutstransport Wrote:  The Versas have 37F seats, the Enviros currently being used have 39F seats - not sure how the total capacity including standing compares. Unless the Versas have significantly more standing space I'd guess any possibly of a swap is down to diesel consumption rather than capacity.
Could it help driver (and engineer) familiarisation keeping Optares together. It's one less bus type to learn how to drive or how to maintain. It's not a big thing for large depots for for how small Wincham is, the fewer bus types, the easier it may be. Especially if it is to become a depot in it's own right and not an outstation.
(23/02/2019 14:52)iMarkeh Wrote:  Could it help driver (and engineer) familiarisation keeping Optares together. It's one less bus type to learn how to drive or how to maintain. It's not a big thing for large depots for for how small Wincham is, the fewer bus types, the easier it may be. Especially if it is to become a depot in it's own right and not an outstation.

I don't know about bus mechanics but I've heard Optare Solos can have different types of engines even if on the outside they look the same.
(23/02/2019 15:57)knutstransport Wrote:  I don't know about bus mechanics but I've heard Optare Solos can have different types of engines even if on the outside they look the same.
There must be some similarities between vehicles which have been made by the same manufacturer. There will always be some differences but there must be more similarities surely?
They can have Cummins, MAN or Mercedes engines. although only the last seems to be offered now.
Other differences in the specification are also linked to length and width, as has been said by mikestone the main engine option is Mercedes-Benz, and in the first years of production prior to around 2002/3 all had Mercedes engines, then Cummins was added as a choice then and in 2006 MAN. If you want to see a fleet which operates all three then Diamond Bus North West is your fleet, as SLT liked Cummins and MAN chased ones and didn't like the original Mercedes engine were as Diamond Bus North West has ordered a large quantity from a wide variety of sources since they took over in 2012. I am sure Optare will push the Mercedes engine more as most fleets picked it any how and also Mercedes supply the engines for other Optare chassis, plus few Cummins and even fewer MAN examples were sold.
Website now says contactless payments accepted on all services.
Not sure what for but apparently another Enviro200 is now at Winchem Outstation this being 122 which is a former Goodwins example in theory not sure if it will happen but Streetlite 154 should be going to Crewe.
I get the impression that they are phasing out Streetlites from Wincham in favour of a fleet of Solos and Enviros.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)