Current time: 18/04/2024, 20:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(15/02/2019 08:22)chester285 Wrote:  Arriva, they run the Sunday and i think Bank Holiday Monday,

As has already been mentioned, the Sundays & Bank Holidays service is wholly tendered. Arriva lost it at contract renewal to D&G.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/02/2019 18:29)iMarkeh Wrote:  While I do fully agree, it is a big cost getting the bus from Crewe or Wincham plus a big cost for a spare driver (as I guess there will be a need for a changeover if it is the same or similar timetable to what D Jones did.

The new 41B timetable includes a 65 minute break in service so all services can be driven by the same driver. Maybe Wrexham Borough Council put it out to tender on that basis to reduce costs? Cheshire East took that approach with the (now dropped altogether) 99 and the 19 (which still operates.)
(17/02/2019 17:54)knutstransport Wrote:  The new 41B timetable includes a 65 minute break in service so all services can be driven by the same driver. Maybe Wrexham Borough Council put it out to tender on that basis to reduce costs? Cheshire East took that approach with the (now dropped altogether) 99 and the 19 (which still operates.)

I missed that on the 41B but the 15A runs straight through. Sometimes it’s not all down to councils as operators do put in alternative bids to work around their operational needs which will reduce costs.
Apparantly Enviro 200s 30-33 are currently allocated to Winchem at the moment according to a driver I know who works there.
(20/02/2019 20:46)M60lad Wrote:  Apparantly Enviro 200s 30-33 are currently allocated to Winchem at the moment according to a driver I know who works there.
They have been allocated to Wincham since the 82 started I think 3 of them are route branded as well for it.
I've only seen the 3 X route branded Enviros operating the 82. If the 4th is still plain red then I haven't seen it on the 82 or any other Wincham route. Solos and Streetlites appear on the 82 occasionally as well.
There are normally the 3 route branded Enviro200s at Wincham, the unbranded one turns up when one is away for inspection/servicing. Solo 130 failed yesterday and was replaced by the other Enviro200 so M60 lad is correct in that all 4 are currently at Wincham

Works for me
The plain Enviro 200 is on the 82 today.
There is a possibilty shortly of a change of vehicle type for 82s, apparently the 82s are starting to get busy now and D&G have realised that the current 82s are too small for the route so if what I've heard/read elsewhere is true some of the ex Yellow Buses Versa's are heading to Winchem shortly to operate the route
The 82 is a really odd one as sometimes it can be really busy and other times it can be dead.

The only time I see it busy is the college buses. All the rest seem lightly loaded.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)