Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(12/01/2019 12:45)knutstransport Wrote:  Hopefully 131 was kept on the quieter services, unless it was a last minute stand in for a failed vehicle.

Most journeys are quiet on Saturdays so shouldnt be too much of a problem
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/01/2019 13:14)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Most journeys are quiet on Saturdays so shouldnt be too much of a problem

The post that 131 (a Solo M880) was on the 82 was made on Thursday.

Are Saturday journeys still quiet? There aren't any Saturday trains between Northwich and Chester at the moment due to RMT strike action.
Streetlite on 8:45 Northwich to Chester this morning, presumably that had just done a John Deane's run unless they did a swap.
Another three unconfirmed Yellow Buses Versa.s reported to be joining the fleet. Given that Centrebus have a pair I wonder if Peddle associated companies are having the whole batch?
Now on fleetlist as 20, 21 and 25.
;
1 has gone again, but the Centro has re-appeared.
The new Sunday Contracts have been registered with the Traffic Commisioner

Quote:PC1090231/147Registered
D & G BUS LIMITED
Route:Watling Street, Northwich to Watling Street, Northwich via Weaverham, Rudheath, Barnton
Service number:1 (4, 2)
Service type:Normal Stopping
Effective date:01 Apr 2019

PC1090231/146Registered
D & G BUS LIMITED
Route:Chester Bus Interchange, Gorse Stacks, Chester to Lodge Lane, Saughall via Countess of Chester Hospital, Blacon
Service number:15A ()
Service type:Normal Stopping
Effective date:01 Apr 2019
(05/02/2019 16:00)Nwales Bus Wrote:  The new Sunday Contracts have been registered with the Traffic Commisioner

I can't wait. It will be so funny. Another operator in Blacon.. I can see the 15s losing passengers as people will walk to the 1/1A as they can use their Stagecoach/Arriva tickets on that where as I don't think D&G will include the 15 as part of the scheme.
Doesn't really matter if the passengers prefer to walk to the 1/1A. D&Gs route is a tender and is more important that it runs as it is paid for by the council.

(05/02/2019 19:42)iMarkeh Wrote:  I can't wait. It will be so funny. Another operator in Blacon.. I can see the 15s losing passengers as people will walk to the 1/1A as they can use their Stagecoach/Arriva tickets on that where as I don't think D&G will include the 15 as part of the scheme.

Works for me
(06/02/2019 12:18)Rick Hunter Wrote:  Doesn't really matter if the passengers prefer to walk to the 1/1A. D&Gs route is a tender and is more important that it runs as it is paid for by the council.
While I do see your point. If passenger numbers drop, the service won't be deemed as necessary so in the long run could result in it being dropped. In the short term, it only matters to D&G if they won the type of contract where they take the revenue as then if passenger numbers drops, as does the amount they make on the contract.
Well this should be interesting

PC1090231/148 Registered
D & G BUS LIMITED
Route: Wrexham General Railway Station, Station Approach, Wrexham to HMP Berwyn, Bridge Road, Wrexham via Wrexham Town Centre
Service number: 41B ()
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 07 Apr 2019

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)