Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
D&G have shared a Centrebus video about enhanced cleaning on their buses on the D&G Bus site, with talks about daily enhanced cleaning being undertaken on buses every evening when buses return to the depot. I wonder if that applies to the buses at the Wincham outstation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/05/2020 16:54)knutstransport Wrote:  D&G have shared a Centrebus video about enhanced cleaning on their buses on the D&G Bus site, with talks about daily enhanced cleaning being undertaken on buses every evening when buses return to the depot. I wonder if that applies to the buses at the Wincham outstation.

Yes there is more emphasis on interior cleaning at Wincham at the moment. A few of the drivers are also using wipes and sprays during the day to clean hand rails and bell pushes

Works for me
130 restarts tomorrow, two hourly Mondays to Fridays.
http://www.dgbus.co.uk/assets/sk130_2020-06-08.pdf
From the 15th June many services will return to normal. The 89 Knutsford to Northwich returns on that date.

Works for me
(08/06/2020 07:42)Rick Hunter Wrote:  From the 15th June many services will return to normal. The 89 Knutsford to Northwich returns on that date.

According to their website only the 88, 89 and Free Bus are returning to their normal timetables - in the case of the Free Bus that being the new one that was due to start in April, not the one that has been running. Last week it was said the 288 would be returning to normal but now it looks like that will remaining on the reduced frequency timetable.
(07/06/2020 17:26)mikestone Wrote:  130 restarts tomorrow, two hourly Mondays to Fridays.
http://www.dgbus.co.uk/assets/sk130_2020-06-08.pdf

There's been some discussion about this change and allocations and interworking for the reduced frequency timetable in the COVID-19 thread.
The 130 started this morning The drivers at Wincham found out they were operating it on Thursday night/Friday morning, and most required route training. I would expect similar notice of the 288 service level increase. From next week only 3 Wincham drivers will be on furlough as the rest are being called back.

(08/06/2020 08:30)knutstransport Wrote:  Last week it was said the 288 would be returning to normal but now it looks like that will remaining on the reduced frequency timetable.

Works for me
D&G have now said the Saturday evening and Sunday TfGM funded Wilmslow-Altrincham services will not return when the 88 service goes back to normal. As the 288 evening and Sunday services aren't running that makes sense.
With the 88 going back to the normal timetable and the 288 remaining as the reduced timetable (with no services starting/terminating at Altrincham) that'll mean the 08:05 Altrincham-Knutsford will have to be a bus fresh from the depot, unless D&G are hoping the 07:00 Knutsford-Altrincham gets a clear run between Hales Barns and Altrincham meaning it arrives early and can go out a few minutes late as the return working.
With drivers being disciplined for late running the company can not produce a running sheet where they would have to do exactly that. At least 5 minutes could be shaved off the time between Wilmslow and Morley green and maybe a couple between Morley Green and Hale Barns as it's a fast road through the tunnels.

(13/06/2020 09:18)knutstransport Wrote:  With the 88 going back to the normal timetable and the 288 remaining as the reduced timetable (with no services starting/terminating at Altrincham) that'll mean the 08:05 Altrincham-Knutsford will have to be a bus fresh from the depot, unless D&G are hoping the 07:00 Knutsford-Altrincham gets a clear run between Hales Barns and Altrincham meaning it arrives early and can go out a few minutes late as the return working.

Works for me

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)