Current time: 16/04/2024, 20:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(08/03/2020 00:17)iMarkeh Wrote:  It's surprising to see how popular the Alton Towers buses are. In a few months, there will be 3 operators running there from quite different places.

Also of note for D&G is that they intend on keeping the short Nantwich to Crewe services. These will now interwork with the main Keele trips looking at things. Not serving Davenport Avenue and Manor Road in Nantwich though.

A final interesting point is the changes to the 94. I don't quite get their intentions on the 94. It looks to me like they are removing the route through areas like Longport where they could get passing trade and have a chance to increase passenger numbers to put it down the A roads with no bus stops and providing no actual time benefit for it. Unless Tunstall Cemetery has quite a high demand, the changes don't make much sense.
The 85 shorts always appear to have interworked - I think although the existing timetable suggests that all journeys only call in Crewe Bus Station some involve a change of bus.
;
I don't understand the 36 minute layover for the 32x at Tean - unless they go dead to Uttoxeter to change over on the 841 on an irregular basis.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Regarding Alton Towers, up until a couple of years ago there used to be quite a number of services serving the theme park during the day including Alton Towers own services operated by themselves (Whatever happened to them?) and also First used to divert one of their 32s to the park every hour I think it was.

Anyway considering how busy Alton Towers gets in season wouldnt it be an idea for D&G to operate some sort of regular service to/from the park during the day like what First used to do with their 32s a while back?
130 Cancelled on VOSA from 2nd May, Not given it much time

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/03/2020 12:45)T42 PVM Wrote:  130 Cancelled on VOSA from 2nd May, Not given it much time

This reminds me of when High Peak operated the 27 and 300 services on a commercial basis, they revised the timetable and submitted the cancellation requests on the day the revised timetable started - so no time to assess whether the revised timetables improved matters or not.

I wonder whether if High Peak are to operate the 391/392 service, as someone suggested, whether D&G are to pass the 130 to what's effectively a sister company?
I'm surprised at that. I believed having transferred to Crewe depot it was to be retimed to interwork with the 38. The Wincham drivers on it said it was doing pretty well and they were thinking bigger buses may be needed.

(09/03/2020 12:45)T42 PVM Wrote:  130 Cancelled on VOSA from 2nd May, Not given it much time

Works for me
[quote='Rick Hunter' pid='135946' dateline='1583831628']
I'm surprised at that. I believed having transferred to Crewe depot it was to be retimed to interwork with the 38. The Wincham drivers on it said it was doing pretty well and they were thinking bigger buses may be needed.

According to the media reports (which must always be treated with caution)
http://www.wilmslow.co.uk/news/article/2...ce-at-risk
It's only the Saturday CEC supported service being under threat of withdrawal.
On the face of it, a bit soon after introduction, although with Crewe now working it, perhaps the cost of that has pushed it over the (AlderleyLaugh)Edge.
I've noticed over the past couple of weeks from travelling about with D&G that some arriva drivers have jumped ship.

There's 4 possibly more drivers I recognise from arriva winsford who now work at D&G.
Looks like D&G have increased the Enviro allocation at Wincham.
They have, there are now no Solos at Wincham. Only long and short Enviro 200s and the Versas

(14/03/2020 16:08)knutstransport Wrote:  Looks like D&G have increased the Enviro allocation at Wincham.

Works for me
If things don't change soon there will be several drivers departing from Wincham. In fact one put in his notice yesterday.

(14/03/2020 10:01)33109 Wrote:  I've noticed over the past couple of weeks from travelling about with D&G that some arriva drivers have jumped ship.

There's 4 possibly more drivers I recognise from arriva winsford who now work at D&G.

Works for me

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)