Current time: 25/04/2024, 16:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
If 88/89 drivers are going to be doing that 19:00 130 from Macclesfield-Handforth isnt that going to create problems from next week as I'm not to sure whether all the 88/89 drivers have been trained up/shown 130 route yet have they?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/01/2020 06:51)M60lad Wrote:  If 88/89 drivers are going to be doing that 19:00 130 from Macclesfield-Handforth isnt that going to create problems from next week as I'm not to sure whether all the 88/89 drivers have been trained up/shown 130 route yet have they?

Macclesfield-Wilmslow should be simple to follow for anyone who knows the 88 route. They'll follow the same route out of Macc - around the hospital grounds and to the A537. They'll need to remember to turn right off the A537 to go towards Nether Adderley, instead of going straight on to Knutsford and then it's pretty much carry straight on until they get near Sainsbury's in Wilmslow, which again they'll know from the 88 route. They'll have to remember NOT to do the station loop and to go directly to Bank Square. Not sure about the last bit to Handforth but they'll likely have drivers who used to do the 88A to Colshaw Farm and know the Handforth Dean free bus routes. Although, one question is if they've not had any specific 130 training will they have difficulty knowing where the stops are, especially in the dark?
(22/01/2020 21:35)Rick Hunter Wrote:  On the run out sheet an Enviro200 is now specified for the free bus/188 duty

I've noticed both Enviros and 55 reg Solos being used on the 188 morning run. Does the bus off the morning 188 now do the Handforth Dean free bus, rather than the Solo which does the early 288 runs and then a 88 from Altrincham-Knutsford? If so does the same one go back on the afternoon 188 run?
Yes the bus on the early 188 does the Handforth Dean free bus then does afternoon 188. It does the 07.05 Macclesfield to Knutsford first then the 188. The 55 reg Solos are 37 seaters so can deputise for an Enviro200

(23/01/2020 19:48)knutstransport Wrote:  I've noticed both Enviros and 55 reg Solos being used on the 188 morning run. Does the bus off the morning 188 now do the Handforth Dean free bus, rather than the Solo which does the early 288 runs and then a 88 from Altrincham-Knutsford? If so does the same one go back on the afternoon 188 run?

Works for me
Not sure if the '88 Vape' adverts on the Solo M880s at Wincham are still being paid for, or if they have expired but haven't been removed yet. They are currently covered in filth and you can barely see them so if 88 Vape is still actively paying for them I think they'd have reason to complain.
There are currently no cleaning staff at Wincham depot which is why the buses are very dirty. One of the 88 drivers has agreed to go in tomorrow to wash them. 3 are out on service though. Adverts for staff are in the buses

(25/01/2020 12:52)knutstransport Wrote:  Not sure if the '88 Vape' adverts on the Solo M880s at Wincham are still being paid for, or if they have expired but haven't been removed yet. They are currently covered in filth and you can barely see them so if 88 Vape is still actively paying for them I think they'd have reason to complain.

Works for me
Despite being at Winchem for 130s Enviro200 54 has been out today on 88/89 routes while Solo 130 has ironicaly enough been out on none other than 130s believe it or not.
(28/01/2020 21:28)M60lad Wrote:  Despite being at Winchem for 130s Enviro200 54 has been out today on 88/89 routes while Solo 130 has ironicaly enough been out on none other than 130s believe it or not.

Is there any difference between the number of seats on those baby Enviros and the Solo M880s? Or is there another reason why baby Enviros are better suited to the 130 and Solos to the 88/89?
From what I was told yesterday and also read elsewhere due to grounding issues with the speed bumps round Alderley Park (Astra Zeneca) the short Enviro200s wont be used on 130s now instead Solos will be on 130 with the Enviro200s now on 88/89s.
(30/01/2020 06:19)M60lad Wrote:  From what I was told yesterday and also read elsewhere due to grounding issues with the speed bumps round Alderley Park (Astra Zeneca) the short Enviro200s wont be used on 130s now instead Solos will be on 130 with the Enviro200s now on 88/89s.

Interesting. I recall when High Peak attempted to run the 27A (Knutsford to Macclesfield via Astra Zeneca) on a commercial basis they had issues with using old style Solos over the speed bumps at Alderley Park, something that they didn't have an issue with when using the council owned Cadets while running the 27 as a contracted route.

I don't know why the small fleet at Wincham consists of small old style Solos, big old style Solos, small Enviros, big Enviros and Versas - given Enviros don't work well on the 82 and the 55 reg Solos and Streetlites aren't good for using around Chapel Lane, Wilmslow or Wilmslow station it would seem more logical to have an Optare only fleet where the bigger buses are one or more of the 35 seater SRs, Versas or/and Metrocities.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)