Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(29/11/2019 10:24)Rick Hunter Wrote:  It isn't only admin staff D&G have lost There are currently no cleaners at Wincham with both having left last week. Some drivers have also left.

Well vehicle 50 on the 88 today is in a very filthy state. Even more embarrassing when it was at Knutsford Bus Station on the 12:45 Altrincham to Macc earlier it was stopped alongside two well presented coaches doing day trips and a well presented Go Goodwins decker running a Park & Ride shuttle for the Christmas markets (although no Christmas tree at the front unlike last year.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A change in attitude of the manager and the creation of an assistant manager post at Wincham which has had a person of dubious character slid into. Said person previously being a leading driver with the company but demoted, took the huff and left. Several drivers aren't happy about the way it has been done and already some have left.

(29/11/2019 23:33)iMarkeh Wrote:  Why are people leaving D&G in such big loads? I thought they were quite good at getting and keeping staff.

Are they after replacement admin staff or are they just trying to cut costs?

Works for me
A driver is taking on the vehicle cleaning and ad blueing Monday to Thursday evenings. Not sure if he will be doing the exteriors though. Even with the previous cleaners the exteriors were only done on Sundays

(30/11/2019 09:45)knutstransport Wrote:  They have their ongoing advert for drivers on their website but no mention of cleaning or other vacancies.

Works for me
It may be known about by many now but incase you haven't seen, D&G has been bought by Centrebus.

Photo of full statement
Noticed D+G is now under full centrebus ownership with Mr Reeves selling his shares to Mr Julian Peddle.
(13/12/2019 09:36)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Noticed D+G is now under full centrebus ownership with Mr Reeves selling his shares to Mr Julian Peddle.

I thought that'd happen sooner or later.
I wonder if the standard livery will change to the Centrebus orange and blue, even if the D&G name remains (like with High Peak.) Although, as it's not a joint venture like High Peak I wonder if the brand name could disappear as well.
D&G bus are increasing their fares from 1st Jan - the Network Return will remain at £5.50 but single and shorter distance return tickets will increase in price. Their weekly tickets will increase to £16.

Also D&G will no longer allow Cheshire Travelcards to be topped on their services from 1st Jan. Any existing balance can be used on D&G services until the end of Feb.
Passengers wont be happy, it's not long since the fares went up. There's been messages on ticketer about the ending of Cheshire travelcard top ups and usage for some weeks now. Very few, if any, people use them now anyway.

(18/12/2019 10:11)knutstransport Wrote:  D&G bus are increasing their fares from 1st Jan - the Network Return will remain at £5.50 but single and shorter distance return tickets will increase in price. Their weekly tickets will increase to £16.

Also D&G will no longer allow Cheshire Travelcards to be topped on their services from 1st Jan. Any existing balance can be used on D&G services until the end of Feb.

Works for me
(18/12/2019 11:46)Rick Hunter Wrote:  Passengers wont be happy, it's not long since the fares went up. There's been messages on ticketer about the ending of Cheshire travelcard top ups and usage for some weeks now. Very few, if any, people use them now anyway.

I got a Cheshire Travelcard to use on the 88 route but then soon after I got one they withdrew the discount for tickets purchased on 88 vehicles. As D&G don't run that many Knutsford-Macclesfield or Northwich-Knutsford services their services don't meet my everyday needs anymore. Last time I used them was from Altrincham Interchange to Manchester Airport and obviously Cheshire Travelcards can't be used on that service. If the 288 service to Altrincham didn't finish earlier than the Altrincham-Chester train service I would have made an additional journey on one of their buses a couple of months back.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)