Current time: 24/04/2024, 12:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
The late 288/88 is already on the route at that time. The bus you saw would be 118 on it's way to Crewe for it's 4 weekly inspection. Due to an incident in Mobberley one of the cleaners had to take 134 to crewe so a driver took 118 down.

(20/07/2019 10:01)knutstransport Wrote:  Noticed last night at around 19:45 an out-of-service Enviro arrived at Lostock crossroads and turned off to go towards Altrincham on the A556. Presumably the bus was going on to the 288/88 evening runs.

Works for me
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/07/2019 19:29)Rick Hunter Wrote:  The late 288/88 is already on the route at that time. The bus you saw would be 118 on it's way to Crewe for it's 4 weekly inspection. Due to an incident in Mobberley one of the cleaners had to take 134 to crewe so a driver took 118 down.

Did that relate to the small tornado which passed through Hale and Mobberley on Friday afternoon? It resulted in the Mid-Cheshire rail route being closed in the Manchester direction due to an uprooted tree and Network Rail staff being unable to get down the back roads (which are used by the 188 school service) to get to the fallen tree as there were fallen trees and abandoned cars on the road.
Changes to the D&G Bus fleet list I've noticed -

101, 102 & 103104 have been given 841 branding.

There are now 3 long Streetlites on the fleet list - 55, 56 & 57.

43 is now at Crewe - it may have been there before but I thought all the 09 baby Enviros were at Adderley Green.

There's no longer a plain white Enviro (reportedly owned by Julian Peddle) on the fleet list.
The tornado wasn't at fault, it was a car driver coming off his drive without looking. The rail line being shut meant the 19.05 Knutsford to Altrincham was extremely busy with people from the flower show returning home. The afternoon 188 wasn't required as Knutsford academy finished at 13.00.

(21/07/2019 08:45)knutstransport Wrote:  Did that relate to the small tornado which passed through Hale and Mobberley on Friday afternoon? It resulted in the Mid-Cheshire rail route being closed in the Manchester direction due to an uprooted tree and Network Rail staff being unable to get down the back roads (which are used by the 188 school service) to get to the fallen tree as there were fallen trees and abandoned cars on the road.

Works for me
103 was destroyed by fire some weeks ago. 104 has 841 branding. The fourth long Streetlite, 58, is still away being painted

(21/07/2019 08:53)knutstransport Wrote:  Changes to the D&G Bus fleet list I've noticed -

101, 102 & 103 have been given 841 branding.

There are now 3 long Streetlites on the fleet list - 55, 56 & 57.

43 is now at Crewe - it may have been there before but I thought all the 09 baby Enviros were at Adderley Green.

There's no longer a plain white Enviro (reportedly owned by Julian Peddle) on the fleet list.

Works for me
(21/07/2019 09:49)Rick Hunter Wrote:  The tornado wasn't at fault, it was a car driver coming off his drive without looking. The rail line being shut meant the 19.05 Knutsford to Altrincham was extremely busy with people from the flower show returning home. The afternoon 188 wasn't required as Knutsford academy finished at 13.00.

I doubt they were flower show visitors as the RHS were running free buses from the show to Altrincham Interchange and Manchester Airport stations, so most of the flower show visitors using Knutsford station would be going in the Chester direction which wasn't affected by the fallen tree. The 17:44 Knutsford to Manchester train usually has 100+ boarding at Knutsford and the 18:44 usually has 50+ on a normal weekday and Fridays are normally busier with people going in to Manchester for a night out so it was probably normal commuters and people going for a night out who boarded the 19:05 88 bus.
(21/07/2019 09:52)Rick Hunter Wrote:  103 was destroyed by fire some weeks ago. 104 has 841 branding. The fourth long Streetlite, 58, is still away being painted

Didn't realise about 103 - honestly they send a nice bus to Stoke and it gets destroyed - I just noticed the first 3 SRs got the 841 branding and didn't notice 103 isn't there anymore.
The white Enviro may not be on the fleetlist, but its just arrived in Crewe on the 85.
45 on the 82 today with the destination display not working. Looked rather cosy on board.
Must have been early on then as it was on 88s later. It worked the 10.45 88 from Altrincham to Macclesfield and was on there to the end working the last 88 Altrincham to Knutsford at 18.50.

(26/07/2019 11:52)knutstransport Wrote:  45 on the 82 today with the destination display not working. Looked rather cosy on board.

Works for me

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)