Current time: 29/03/2024, 10:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(25/03/2019 20:42)iMarkeh Wrote:  I think it will just be fine tuning times. I do think a later trip would be good to see from Northwich to Chester. I think there could be some demand for a later return trip as well. Shame that they are timed up the way they are as loads of oldies are at the bus stop in Tarvin but let the 82 past as it goes at 09:21 and they get the 84 10 mins later. I would say a good 10 pax could be gained by the slight retiming but I know they like to be friendly with Arriva.

Just noticed it coincides with when John Deanes end for the summer, so possibly a change to the college holiday timetable (other than just not running the college extensions.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/03/2019 20:24)knutstransport Wrote:  Just noticed it coincides with when John Deanes end for the summer, so possibly a change to the college holiday timetable (other than just not running the college extensions.)
Wouldn't you just put in the registration 'this bus only runs when John Deanes college is open' and then you duplicate the times (without the extension) and put 'this bus runs college holidays'.
(26/03/2019 20:35)iMarkeh Wrote:  Wouldn't you just put in the registration 'this bus only runs when John Deanes college is open' and then you duplicate the times (without the extension) and put 'this bus runs college holidays'.

The existing registration is just to not run the Watling Street to John Deane's bits during college holidays, which will cover the Easter holidays. My suggestion is they might have decided they want to do a more significant change for the longer summer holidays.
Extension of route through to Rudheath and removal of Sainsbury's section apparently. Northwich - Chester times not changed.
(27/03/2019 20:30)CTL45 Wrote:  Extension of route through to Rudheath and removal of Sainsbury's section apparently. Northwich - Chester times not changed.
Rudheath... Ooooh. Sounds interesting. The Sainsburys section is just for drivers breaks so it's a bit useless really.
(24/03/2019 15:27)knutstransport Wrote:  I think the revision is down to convenience. D&G have an 88 contract and a 288 contract so they can easily be revised to do what TfGM have come up with, without any re-tendering. If Howards had won the 88 contract or if MCT had retained the 288 I wouldn't be surprised if TfGM had come up with a completely different idea.

I think someone at TfGM has a strange idea about why and when TfGM should be subsiding services. When Arriva re-routed their Trafford Centre to Altrincham service to be more direct, there was no need for an evening service to match the daytime one, as the route just duplicated other services, yet TfGM awarded a contract to MCT to do just that. Then when Arriva changed the route back, TfGM changed the evening service back!

Which route are we referring to regards TFGM? I don’t recall those events on any of the 3 alt-traff centre routes.
(28/03/2019 13:04)djb Wrote:  Which route are we referring to regards TFGM? I don’t recall those events on any of the 3 alt-traff centre routes.

Whichever route Arriva re-routed to form a direct Altrincham to Trafford Centre route and then cancelled a few months later. MCT had a tender to run the evening service and TfGM made them re-routed it to match the daytime Arriva service.

Someone with the username Dentonian used to post on here and posted a number of posts on the service but he left the forum and I think asked for his posts to be deleted.
(27/03/2019 20:43)iMarkeh Wrote:  Rudheath... Ooooh. Sounds interesting. The Sainsburys section is just for drivers breaks so it's a bit useless really.

They took the Sainsbury's section out of the 289 route so it was surprising they included it on the 82.

Rudheath will presumably mean a stop near Northwich station, although given the 82 stops near Greenback that isn't really needed.

Surprised they aren't extending to Wincham via Lostock Gralam, given they already run infrequent services on that section and there's already regular Rudheath to Northwich buses.
(28/03/2019 17:35)knutstransport Wrote:  They took the Sainsbury's section out of the 289 route so it was surprising they included it on the 82.

Rudheath will presumably mean a stop near Northwich station, although given the 82 stops near Greenback that isn't really needed.

Surprised they aren't extending to Wincham via Lostock Gralam, given they already run infrequent services on that section and there's already regular Rudheath to Northwich buses.
The drivers have their break at Sainsburys so it is a kind of dead millage thing I suppose.

Rudheath I am more surprised in that D&G seem to like playing friendly with Arriva and going into Rudheath won't go down well will it. There must be good explanation but we can only wait and see if/when that comes out.

I think the main reason for not extending to Wincham is the lack of demand. I could see it working for run in/out to cover dead millage but not during the day.
Anybody know if D&G run anywhere near little budworth or the aston estate please?

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)