Current time: 18/04/2024, 19:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(21/10/2018 10:35)knutstransport Wrote:  So who's funding the free buses from Wilmslow, Styal, Colshaw Farm, Hazel Grove, Bramhall and Poynton to Handforth Dean which have appeared on the D&G site?

At a guess since they’re numbered t2/t3 id assume Tesco. The t3 looks like an identical route of the existing weekday free bus.

I’m not sure how good an idea a bus down stanneylands road is too...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/10/2018 12:48)djb Wrote:  At a guess since they’re numbered t2/t3 id assume Tesco. The t3 looks like an identical route of the existing weekday free bus.

D&G need an additional vehicle to run the afternoon 188 service so my guess is they'll use the same bus as runs the afternoon 188. If that guess is correct and the allocation remains the same it'll be a Streetlite they send down that road.
Have D&G started running driver training on the 82 route? The week before they started the 88 they had a Solo 970SR running along the 88 route while they were training drivers, which was the regular type of bus on the route for the first year they operated it, so if anyone sees out-of-service D&G buses running between Northwich and Chester maybe that'll give a clue of what they intend to use on the service.
(25/10/2018 11:27)knutstransport Wrote:  Have D&G started running driver training on the 82 route? The week before they started the 88 they had a Solo 970SR running along the 88 route while they were training drivers, which was the regular type of bus on the route for the first year they operated it, so if anyone sees out-of-service D&G buses running between Northwich and Chester maybe that'll give a clue of what they intend to use on the service.

D & G already have enough drivers who know the 82. 3 Enviro200s are moving to Wincham on Sunday for the route.
(25/10/2018 22:20)Rick Hunter Wrote:  D & G already have enough drivers who know the 82. 3 Enviro200s are moving to Wincham on Sunday for the route.

Thanks for the information. I guess that means there's a few ex-Arriva drivers at D&G who used to drive the 82.

Presumably you mean the longer Enviro 200s. Still questions remain about what they'll do if there's a problem with one of those given the route has a PVR of 3, will one morning an ex-Go Goodwins Solo appear because there's an issue with one of the Enviro 200s and while the longer Enviro 200s are bigger than their Streetlites and Solos they are still smaller than the vehicles Arriva currently use so could the John Deanes workings end up rather overcrowded?
(26/10/2018 08:05)knutstransport Wrote:  Thanks for the information. I guess that means there's a few ex-Arriva drivers at D&G who used to drive the 82.

Presumably you mean the longer Enviro 200s. Still questions remain about what they'll do if there's a problem with one of those given the route has a PVR of 3, will one morning an ex-Go Goodwins Solo appear because there's an issue with one of the Enviro 200s and while the longer Enviro 200s are bigger than their Streetlites and Solos they are still smaller than the vehicles Arriva currently use so could the John Deanes workings end up rather overcrowded?
Cadet 148 has been re-instated - on the 85 today. PSVC hasn't given any disposals of the other Cadets, but 147 has gone to Coastal Liner Wolverhampton.
YX12 AOF has re-entered service at Adderley Green as fleet number 1, 31-33 apparently have been branded for the 82 route so obviously aren't a temporary allocation. 120 and 122 (11 reg 8.8m Enviros) have moved to Crewe, 142 (56 reg Solo) has moved to Adderley Green. 148 is allocated to Adderley Green. So unless Adderley Green are covering more 85 workings then the average number of seats on the services operated out of Crewe has reduced.

There's also now interworking between the 88 and the 288 - the bus off the 06:55 Knutsford to Altrincham forms the 08:20 Altrincham to Manchester Airport and the bus off the 07:35 Manchester Airport to Altrincham now forms the 08:00 Altrincham to Knutsford. Possibly so that the Streetlite used on the 88 which takes the All Hallows pupils in the morning is the same one which takes the Didsbury scholars in the afternoon?
Knutsford town council survey on bus services: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/V23M8T2
(21/10/2018 12:48)djb Wrote:  At a guess since they’re numbered t2/t3 id assume Tesco. The t3 looks like an identical route of the existing weekday free bus.

Apparently it's jointly funded by Tescos/M&S: http://www.wilmslow.co.uk/news/article/1...k-launched
(21/10/2018 13:16)knutstransport Wrote:  D&G need an additional vehicle to run the afternoon 188 service so my guess is they'll use the same bus as runs the afternoon 188. If that guess is correct and the allocation remains the same it'll be a Streetlite they send down that road.

The afternoon 188 is operated by a bus off the 288. The early man runs off to do the 188 then takes bus back to depot and finishes his duty. As Knutsford are off this week he runs back to depot and finishes earlier. The bus working the Tesco route goes on the 288 afterwards.

Works for me

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)