Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(28/02/2017 10:53)CKC 312L Wrote:  Advantage for D&G if they do open a Northwich depot would be that it would be ideally placed to bid for tendered work in Altrincham (TfGM) and Wilmslow (Cheshire East) that is of course if they so wished to bid for tenders in these areas

Unless Arriva or Stagecoach decide to truncate or withdraw a commercial service or a break clause is exercised in an existing contract the only services going out to tender in the Wilmslow area for the next few years will be school/college work.

The 288 service might interest D&G or/and Howards/Springfield when it next goes out to tender (TfGM tend to award shorter contracts and some people have doubts whether MCT will remain operating services for much longer.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/02/2017 16:59)Dentonian Wrote:  Depends what you mean by "shorter" contracts. Certainly for new services like 288, the initial TfGM contract will be short mainly to assess how popular the service will be. If loadings are bad then it won't be renewed, unless a third party helps to fund it. The other problem is that TfGM don't know what ECCC (and to a lesser extent MAplc and the National Trust) are planning to do with the 200 long term.

The 88, 200, 130 (SuBH) contracts end in October 2021 with the 289 contract ending 1 month earlier. Although, that doesn't mean provision for timetable revisions before then isn't allowed for and like I said the are break clauses which can be exercised.
Ad now on D&G website for drivers and cleaners at Wincham.
(06/03/2017 19:34)mikestone Wrote:  Ad now on D&G website for drivers and cleaners at Wincham.

Although, no mention of maintenance personnel, so presumably the buses would go to Crewe or Stoke for servicing.

I'm not sure if it's a change in D&G policy but last year a number of drivers were calling the Network Return a day ticket. On the last few occasions I've used the bus when someone has asked for a day ticket the driver has responded with something like "So you want the £5 return ticket?"
It looks like three older (non-SR) Solos have moved from Adderley Green to Crewe
(14/03/2017 09:54)knutstransport Wrote:  It looks like three older (non-SR) Solos have moved from Adderley Green to Crewe

The 42 has moved back to Crewe - the website was showing it worked by both depots, but has been amended.
There's some new drivers appearing on the 88 route. I don't know if they are just drivers new to the route - or possibly the ones being recruited to work at Wincham when they open a facility there? One new driver on the 88 yesterday didn't seem used to the brakes on the Solo SRs.

I saw a bus this morning (with a driver who I hadn't seen before) missing out the Manor Park North and Thorneyholme Drive section in Knutsford. The bus was running a bit late so I don't know if he did that purposely to recover time or if he doesn't know the route that well.
Official fleetlist has been updated and shows SRs 101-5 and Streetlights 155/6 at Wincham.
(01/04/2017 21:50)mikestone Wrote:  Official fleetlist has been updated and shows SRs 101-5 and Streetlights 155/6 at Wincham.

88 and 300 now operated by Wincham according to their timetable page. I wonder if some of the D&G Little Bus services will be moved to Wincham at a later date with a number of them being in north Cheshire?

SR 106 doesn't still have functional wifi. I wonder if that's why they chosen that one to remain at Crewe?
106/YJ13 HNF on the 88 today being driven by a Crewe depot driver but all the other buses I saw on the 88 had new (presumably Wincham) drivers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)