Current time: 28/03/2024, 08:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
(08/09/2022 08:41)KXW212 Wrote:  Advertising a competitor. Doh !

It's a strange one. Given the big Enviros can appear on the 85, 88 and 89 and occasionally on the 38 and 82 and other routes, I'm not sure a Crewe based taxi company will be that happy with where their advert is being displayed. I get someone from Crewe might work in Wilmslow but the 12 branded SRs would be the best place to get an advert aimed at Crewe people.

Given the finishing times for D&G services, I wouldn't actually be surprised if some people got the bus in to town and then a taxi home.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Another of the Orange 1 Solos has moved to Crewe - 115 is on the 38s today.

Former Arriva Cannock Solo 177 has lost its Chaserider branding, in favour of D&G branding but it still retains the Staffordshire adverts. It's been at Wincham routes since last Saturday, after it was sent up to replace a failed Enviro.
Only recent changes round D&G way at the moment are that ex orange 1 branded solo 44 spends most of its time in macclesfield at the moment working prestbury duties.

Also solo SR 104 has turned up from chaserider.
(05/10/2022 19:04)33109 Wrote:  Only recent changes round D&G way at the moment are that ex orange 1 branded solo 44 spends most of its time in macclesfield at the moment working prestbury duties.

Also solo SR 104 has turned up from chaserider.
Is D&G still covering the High Peak 19? I thought it reverted to High Peak.
(05/10/2022 22:10)iMarkeh Wrote:  Is D&G still covering the High Peak 19? I thought it reverted to High Peak.

Still covering, dunno when high peak will take it back.
(05/10/2022 19:04)33109 Wrote:  Only recent changes round D&G way at the moment are that ex orange 1 branded solo 44 spends most of its time in macclesfield at the moment working prestbury duties.

Worth noting that neither that service, nor the Handforth Dean or closed school/college services track. I notice on one site someone changes vehicle statuses to "temporarily out of service" because they've been on services that don't track for a few days.
141 has been operating 88 and 130 services this week. The tracking has shown it being used on two different services simultaneously, so there's probably been a ticket machine switch.
(08/10/2022 08:34)knutstransport Wrote:  141 has been operating 88 and 130 services this week. The tracking has shown it being used on two different services simultaneously, so there's probably been a ticket machine switch.

Errr nope no ticket machine swap.

141 has covered 130 duties this week, 129 has been having a few repairs again & 131 hasn't been on for a week or so now.

An orange solo usually works a 38 too..
(08/10/2022 21:10)33109 Wrote:  Errr nope no ticket machine swap.

141 has covered 130 duties this week, 129 has been having a few repairs again & 131 hasn't been on for a week or so now.

141 was on the 88 on Monday as I travelled on it from Wilmslow to Knutsford.

What I was getting at is 141 has been shown as tracking on the 316, 318 and 38 at the same time as it's been tracking on the 88 or 130. So as 141 has been on the Wincham services, one of the vehicles operating out of Crewe has incorrectly been tracking as 141.

131 hasn't operated a Wincham service since 22 September. There's been 12 days since when it's tracked as working one of the Crewe depot services. As I mentioned previously 177 was at Wincham for a while and that was used on the 130 for 4 of those days. It originally came up to take the place of an Enviro that broke down on the 88.
It seems the 88/89/188 allocations have been changed so that half the 89s and afternoon 188 get a small bus, rather than a big bus. While the 07:10 Knutsford-Altrincham, 08:30 Altrincham-Knutsford, 14:35 Knutsford-Altrincham & 15:55 Altrincham-Macclesfield now all get a big bus. This could relate to capacity for St Ambrose pupils, previously discussed in the Little Gem thread. Yesterday when a big Enviro failed, they even swapped another big Enviro on the 14:45 Macclesfield-Altrincham for a small Enviro at Knutsford and ran the big bus direct to Altrincham out-of-service to run the 15:55 Altrincham-Macclesfield, rather then sending the small Enviro to cover directly for the big Enviro.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)