Current time: 16/04/2024, 10:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: South Lancs Travel
Thanks for the update Chris. Could you confirm whether bus 21 is also still off the road as it's noted down on the fleetlist here as being VOR with engine problems, just wondering if that's still the case? Thanks again!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Another odd working yesterday was one of the Caetano Nimbus Darts on 516/517s, interesting considering these spend most of their time on 581s these days
(16/06/2012 22:24)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Thanks for the update Chris. Could you confirm whether bus 21 is also still off the road as it's noted down on the fleetlist here as being VOR with engine problems, just wondering if that's still the case? Thanks again!

I may have 20 mixed up with 21. Either way both of the ex-Strawberry Darts that have been VOR for a long time are being resurrected. 24 has been painted into the new livery.

It shouldn't be too unusual to see a Caetano Nimbus Dart on the 516/517 - I think one of these should do one of the four workings each day (but I may be getting mixed up!).
(16/06/2012 22:16)bolton bus basher Wrote:  now the 126 will be good as i know its failed twice in the past the thats the past and everything has changed since he last time, i really do think it will last this time and i will make sure i will use it myself Smile

Publicity would be key, which I think is what let it down before. A small advert in the local free paper might work wonders.
i can get a poster up in college and on the ICT home page system as with everyone knowing i am a bus spotter they always come to me plus i do have a bit of a pull in there with me being on he college council

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I finally got on one of the SLT 360s before, it was T900SLT, it turned up late (seemingly as usual, every SLT service that I go to use intentionally seems to turn up 5-10 minutes late or even more sometimes!) but it was a good ride! Big Grin
only route that seems to run late for me is the 126 but with going up to half hourly i think it will sort itself out

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
As I've mentioned before SLTs 126 seems to be tight for running time with no leeway what so ever in the timetable and that's before we start with any problems that the wonderful M60 like to throw at it from day to day, I've seen it quite a few times in Leigh running anything upto 15mins late which is why I think on Saturdays they have a vehicle spare in Leigh that goes out on time if the original bus is running late.

One thing I'd love to know is why in the past 126 hasn't been used much when it ran on Sunday's surely if loadings on Saturdays are anything to go by (I know it seems to be mainly schoolkids) then it should have been busy if not busier on the Sundays
SLT changes listed in the Forthcoming Changes document for the TfGM Committee meeting for July:

*126 - Mon-Sat daytime service increased to every 30 mins with new journeys at 7.40am weekdays, 7.55am Saturdays from Leigh to Trafford Centre. Hourly Sunday daytime service introduced.
*557 - Most journeys between Highfield and Farnworth to be withdrawn and replaced by extended 685.
*574 - Short journeys between Bolton and Markland Hill to be withdrawn
*581 - Short journeys between Bolton and Daubhill to be withdrawn
*624 - The 7.40am weekday journey from Bottling Wood to be withdrawn. Replaced by Wigan Buses service 613
*634 - The 7.05am weekday journey from Ince to be withdrawn. Re-routed via Greenfield Ave, The Grove and Canal Street between Higher Ince and Lower Ince.
*644 - Re-routed in Worsley Hall to provide links to Pemberton Health Centre
*685 - Service extended from Royal Bolton Hospital to Farnworth via Highfield, partly replacing service 557

http://www.transportforgreatermanchester...us_network
SLT branded floline 68 has broken down in town thankfully at the layover area

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)