Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
(15/01/2020 07:07)M60lad Wrote:  Considering this is built to London Specification I can see problems already with this vehicle, as I'm not to sure what TfGM stance is at the moment on Dual Doored vehicles being used in their Bus Stations and if it is built to London Specification this will mean disabled access via the Centre Doors which I'm sure TfGM aren't too keen on.

I just wonder while it is here whether Diamond will actually use the back doors or whether union will state that their drivers will just the front doors only, like I've said Centre Doors seem to be a grey area in/around Manchester hence why operators that buy them usually have them converted to single door before they enter service, just look at some of the Enviro200s that MCT operate.

It's a demo on trial, nothing more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This is out now on service 582 and the middle door is not causing any issues what so ever, its just simply out of use.
(17/01/2020 21:59)gilesbus1 Wrote:  and the middle door is not causing any issues what so ever,

That's not what happened today at Leigh Bus Station...
Streetlite SK17HHL has been transferred to the West Midlands and now wares a striking red (WM Bus) livery for Diamond’s share of routes 31/32 in Walsall
Apart from the remaining 14 Plate Enviro400s when and what are the next buses supposed going back to First
(04/02/2020 16:04)darylyates17 Wrote:  Apart from the remaining 14 Plate Enviro400s when and what are the next buses supposed going back to First

Could you please try and be polite when asking questions?

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
I've heard today that all services in Wigan are to be withdrawn with the exception of the 132 Wigan - Trafford Centre and the 635 Appley Bridge - Wigan, All tenders will be returned to TfGM, and all other commercials will be cancelled from April 2020.

Not sure about local commercial services in Leigh but all TfGM contracts within Wigan Borough are to be cancelled.

With Jim Stones going and now this, there will hardly be anything left in regards to local services.
(06/02/2020 21:03)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I've heard today that all services in Wigan are to be withdrawn with the exception of the 132 Wigan - Trafford Centre and the 635 Appley Bridge - Wigan, All tenders will be returned to TfGM, and all other commercials will be cancelled from April 2020.

Not sure about local commercial services in Leigh but all TfGM contracts within Wigan Borough are to be cancelled.

With Jim Stones going and now this, there will hardly be anything left in regards to local services.

I was told about this a few weeks ago, Think the 715 eve/Sun contract is also being retained. Will free up Drivers for other work

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Well a lot of cancellations have appeared on VOSA consistent with that
(06/02/2020 21:03)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I've heard today that all services in Wigan are to be withdrawn with the exception of the 132 Wigan - Trafford Centre and the 635 Appley Bridge - Wigan, All tenders will be returned to TfGM, and all other commercials will be cancelled from April 2020.

TFGM will put them back out to tender. I'm sure Stagecoach Wigan will be happy to have more work. Other than them, Hattons do the 613 and used to do the 607. Tyrers aren't a millions miles away. Good 3 potential operators there for the extra work. Tyrers of course have some expertise with the Eco Solos.

I do think that TFGM might review some of the services a little bit now to try and cut back to reduce the tendered PVR.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)