Current time: 28/03/2024, 13:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
(20/03/2019 12:07)Solo40336 Wrote:  [quote='Winston' pid='127116' dateline='1553080025']

SN68AJZ is now numbered 20159 & allocated to Diamond Bus WM (Tividale) & is route branded for the 226.

I assume that DBNW's 20159 retains its current registration SN68AJS, but should *have* since been re-numbered to 20166.
[/quoi

Tividale have got the correct SN68 AJS and has not had to take any action with the vehicle.

DBNW have now re-registered there "AJS" as SN68 AJZ and it already carried the correct fleet number of 20159. It was an error from the factory rather than Rotala

That's not correct.

As per my previous comments Tividale now have a '20159' which is registered 'SN68 AJZ' this is also route branded for the 226 (see photo attached - copyright isn't mine).

Whilst the registrations may have been sorted, it now sounds as though there are potentially 2 x 20159's.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/03/2019 23:35)Winston Wrote:  That's not correct.

As per my previous comments Tividale now have a '20159' which is registered 'SN68 AJZ' this is also route branded for the 226 (see photo attached - copyright isn't mine).

Whilst the registrations may have been sorted, it now sounds as though there are potentially 2 x 20159's.

There are now two 20159 SN68 AJZ by the sounds of it, after having two SN68 AJS, seems both depots have reregistered and renumbered the vehicle, what needed to happen was Atherton's 20159 SN68 AJS to be re-registered and renumbered 20166 SN68 AJZ and Tividale's 20166 SN68 AJS just to be renumbered 20159 SN68 AJS and that would have solved all the glitches on computer, its not hard. That would remove the two mismatches on computer systems, because presumably 20159 and 20166's chassis and body details have been mismatched on the companies database.
(21/03/2019 20:39)gilesbus1 Wrote:  There are now two 20159 SN68 AJZ by the sounds of it, after having two SN68 AJS, seems both depots have reregistered and renumbered the vehicle, what needed to happen was Atherton's 20159 SN68 AJS to be re-registered and renumbered 20166 SN68 AJZ and Tividale's 20166 SN68 AJS just to be renumbered 20159 SN68 AJS and that would have solved all the glitches on computer, its not hard. That would remove the two mismatches on computer systems, because presumably 20159 and 20166's chassis and body details have been mismatched on the companies database.

It looks that way, I suspect Atherton should have re-numbered 20159 to 20166 at the same time as changing plates, thus that the chassis / body numbers matched the correctly registered Streetlite.

Rotala Management are aware & currently investigating.
(22/03/2019 13:03)Winston Wrote:  It looks that way, I suspect Atherton should have re-numbered 20159 to 20166 at the same time as changing plates, thus that the chassis / body numbers matched the correctly registered Streetlite.

Rotala Management are aware & currently investigating.

You also have two buses carrying the registration SN68 AJZ also one at Atherton and one at Tividale as both have changed the plates, when only one should have, suspect this should be the solution:-

20159 SN68 AJS - Tividale
20166 SN68 AJZ - Atherton

although originally you would have had

20159 SN68 AJZ - Atherton
20166 SN68 AJS - Tividale
Are both these vehicles with the wrong regestrations still out in service or have they been pulled from service for the time being?

Surely you can't have 2 vehicles with the same registration running round at the same time (I know their both in different places).
(22/03/2019 13:36)gilesbus1 Wrote:  You also have two buses carrying the registration SN68 AJZ also one at Atherton and one at Tividale as both have changed the plates, when only one should have, suspect this should be the solution:-

20159 SN68 AJS - Tividale
20166 SN68 AJZ - Atherton

although originally you would have had

20159 SN68 AJZ - Atherton
20166 SN68 AJS - Tividale

Yes, I know. Not sure what's going on at present. Atherton were asked to check their 20159 against 20166 chassis / body No's off the fleetlist.
(23/03/2019 06:50)M60lad Wrote:  Are both these vehicles with the wrong regestrations still out in service or have they been pulled from service for the time being?

Surely you can't have 2 vehicles with the same registration running round at the same time (I know their both in different places).

Atherton's 20159 was tracking on the 126 yesterday, Tividale's 20159 wasn't on the 226 route it was branded for, so may have been parked up?
Went to Trafford Centre yesterday evening and noted a fully loaded 126 (Streetlite) leaving Trafford Centre and instead of heading for M60 it went out towards Worsley via Barton Swing Bridge and straight up Worsley Road.

The 18:15 300 also left the same way and went via Walkden according to the ticketer reasoning given for the routing was inadequate seating.

As for bigger buses at weekends apparently Atherton have been told their not allowed to and only the extra working to cater for the additional 300 workings on Saturdays is a bigger bus.
(24/03/2019 07:31)M60lad Wrote:  Went to Trafford Centre yesterday evening and noted a fully loaded 126 (Streetlite) leaving Trafford Centre and instead of heading for M60 it went out towards Worsley via Barton Swing Bridge and straight up Worsley Road.

The 18:15 300 also left the same way and went via Walkden according to the ticketer reasoning given for the routing was inadequate seating.

As for bigger buses at weekends apparently Atherton have been told their not allowed to and only the extra working to cater for the additional 300 workings on Saturdays is a bigger bus.
What sort of profit driven company would give advise which would reduce the amount of revenue they can take. I can understand the point of trying not to have bigger buses out all day but if you know the busy trips, just use the bigger buses for them trips. As long as no where is being put at a major disadvantage, there is no reason why bigger buses can't and shouldn't be used when demand exceeds supply.
I agree, surely it would be to DBNWs advantage to use bigger buses, to get more custom. That's why Dublin bus, having converted the 24 to minibus operation in 1994, introduced bigger minibuses, the Volvo B6LEs to it, to increase capacity and cope with increased demand.

Out of interest, is the 126 supposed to go up Worsley Road, instead of the M60? If it's not, then simply saying the bus is full is not an excuse for missing out a section of route.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)