Current time: 20/04/2024, 01:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
(18/10/2018 13:39)RedPanda Wrote:  Burtonwood? First’s 100 goes from Warrington every hour
Be interesting to see what its like

But the 100 isn't going to Burtonwood direct though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/10/2018 13:50)St Helens Rider Wrote:  But the 100 isn't going to Burtonwood direct though.

Yes I know but its a short ride of 15-20 mins. I saw before its a works contract and thought it’s end destination would be Omega (formally Burtonwood Airfield) though the 1000 start from Manchester and 1115 from Burtonwood looked like a ramdom time. Certainly not when the time shift workers would need the bus for their early morning start/finish.

Then rereading the post from M60lad 2200 from Manchester 2315 from Burtonwood again confused me. My thoughts are based on normal shift patterns 0600-1400 1400-2200 2200-0600
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I would have thought it was for twelve hour shifts starting at 11.00 and 23.00.
(18/10/2018 10:17)M60lad Wrote:  Diamondbus Northwest at Atherton have picked up a new works contract running from Manchester Chorlton Street-Burtonwood.

It does 1 round trip in the morning and another round trip in the evening:

10:00 Manchester Chorlton Street-Burtonwood
11:15 Burtonwood-Chorlton Street

22:00 Manchester Chorlton Street-Burtonwood
23:15 Burtonwood-Chorlton Street

I saw that today after it had completed the 1115 journey and was returning back to the depot, seen on Princess Street, Manchester

[Image: 44515178145_bf5c1a9aa0_b.jpg]
Diamond Bus NW BK13NZN by Mike McNiven, on Flickr
Diamond West Midlands have unveiled a new livery on 10 new Mellor Strata bodied Mercedes-Benz buses this year with 17 Optare Streetlites due in 2019 in a total £3.5million investment.

Im guessing (and hoping) this new livery will also eventually replace the very dull all-over dark blue in the North West operations. Don't like the unpainted bumpers though.
[Image: mellor_v2.jpg?width=690]

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/brand-new-buses/
(04/12/2018 22:46)Citibus Wrote:  Diamond West Midlands have unveiled a new livery on 10 new Mellor Strata bodied Mercedes-Benz buses this year with 17 Optare Streetlites due in 2019 in a total £3.5million investment.

Im guessing (and hoping) this new livery will also eventually replace the very dull all-over dark blue in the North West operations. Don't like the unpainted bumpers though.
[Image: mellor_v2.jpg?width=690]

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/brand-new-buses/

17 Optare Streetlites. Im sure that will be a suprise to the Optare factory haha
(04/12/2018 23:17)Nwales Bus Wrote:  17 Optare Streetlites. Im sure that will be a suprise to the Optare factory haha

indeed! Laugh i blindly quoted the textLaugh
(04/12/2018 23:17)Nwales Bus Wrote:  17 Optare Streetlites. Im sure that will be a suprise to the Optare factory haha

Perhaps Optare have discovered a way of making the Streetlite have good ride quality.
Bit surprising last night to see a TfGM Solo operating on the 35 arrive at Piccadilly Gardens to drop passengers off at stand B on Oldham Street rather than via Mosley Street at around 2230-ish.
New service 13 Worsley-Salford Quays will be operated by route branded Solo SRs.

Route details along the roofline and a Salford Quays/Lowry theatre graphic behind the rear wheels.

One was out operating on today on a 65

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)