Current time: 20/04/2024, 08:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
While we know what Goodwins have won we dont know if Diamond have won anything else as nothing has been said by them, for all we know they might have made other gains elsewhere

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
If they close Eccles I don't think drivers would find other work local to Eccles as Stagecoach and Go Ahead are not local. and Go Goodwin's only need so many drivers and also depends what they pay.
Find all posts by this user
(09/02/2021 10:07)T42 PVM Wrote:  While we know what Goodwins have won we dont know if Diamond have won anything else as nothing has been said by them, for all we know they might have made other gains elsewhere

According to a driver at Eccles who regularly posts on social media they have retained a couple of tenders and not gained anything. There’s concerns over the future of the depot and there was apparently a meeting last week where management assessed the concerns. Not sure of the outcome but I know several Eccles drivers are looking at moving over the road fairly soon, problem is as I understand it is goodwins have gone for these tenders to secure jobs for the coach drivers currently furloughed.
(09/02/2021 15:43)Mayneway Wrote:  According to a driver at Eccles who regularly posts on social media they have retained a couple of tenders and not gained anything. There’s concerns over the future of the depot and there was apparently a meeting last week where management assessed the concerns. Not sure of the outcome but I know several Eccles drivers are looking at moving over the road fairly soon, problem is as I understand it is goodwins have gone for these tenders to secure jobs for the coach drivers currently furloughed.

Well that makes things interesting as currently all TFGM Tenders are only 12 months long so its not impossible that in 12 months time Diamond could win some/all this work back

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/02/2021 10:47)Mrboo Wrote:  If they close Eccles I don't think drivers would find other work local to Eccles as Stagecoach and Go Ahead are not local. and Go Goodwin's only need so many drivers and also depends what they pay.

They pay around £1.50 PH less than diamond and it’s monthly pay rather than weekly. As I’ve just posted I don’t think Goodwins are looking for too many drivers as he’s seceured these tenders to give his furloughed drivers work for the next 12 months.
It seems a strange situation that Diamond purchased the bus operations off Go Goodwins and have now lost a lot of their contracted work to Go Goodwins.
(09/02/2021 15:45)Mayneway Wrote:  They pay around £1.50 PH less than diamond and it’s monthly pay rather than weekly. As I’ve just posted I don’t think Goodwins are looking for too many drivers as he’s seceured these tenders to give his furloughed drivers work for the next 12 months.
it getting rare to get weekly now. Am on Monthly with the 2 bus firms I work for. Stagecoach and Go Ahead London.
(09/02/2021 15:45)T42 PVM Wrote:  Well that makes things interesting as currently all TFGM Tenders are only 12 months long so its not impossible that in 12 months time Diamond could win some/all this work back

Highly possible. I can see the tenders in places like Ashton going back to Stotts in 12 months like wise the Altrincham tenders could end up back with Diamond, this in itself is why i think they’d want to hang on to Eccles.
(09/02/2021 17:21)Mrboo Wrote:  it getting rare to get weekly now. Am on Monthly with the 2 bus firms I work for. Stagecoach and Go Ahead London.

Are you a driver though? Drivers normally get paid weekly and most firms big and small up here pay weekly.
(09/02/2021 22:54)Mayneway Wrote:  Are you a driver though? Drivers normally get paid weekly and most firms big and small up here pay weekly.
Am currently a Controller for special events and commercial.

it getting more common to Goto bi weekly pay or every month. But for many it hard to get people off Weekly due to it in their term of employment. But weekly cost more in admin and with things like Blink website payslips they are streamlining payslips. the big firms pay weekly due to many still drivers from GMbuses days on payroll.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)