Current time: 25/04/2024, 01:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
Unless going to/from work ect people should not be on Public Transport yet, Its 25% Capacity which is needed for those who work not those who want to Bus Spot..

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Also sadly public transport at present is neither a welcoming or an enjoyable experience at the moment.
Find all posts by this user
(23/06/2020 17:43)Solo40336 Wrote:  Word from a friend at Bolton, Dennis Trident 40014 is currently in the paintshop receiving fleet livery. Minus it's roof! How they can justify restricting the use of a perfectly good bus by open toppering it. While short of buses during a reduced service anyway is beyond me.

It's not 40014. That is still in Hallmark white livery with it's roof firmly attached at Preston Bus depot

The open topper being repainted is:
40100 KV02USN

It was previously in store at Kidderminster depot having being moved from Hallmark Connections Hounslow depot on closure of that. It was originally being stored by a third party, but has since been taken in to stock & will enter service - not sure on what.
(25/06/2020 14:34)Winston Wrote:  It's not 40014. That is still in Hallmark white livery with it's roof firmly attached at Preston Bus depot

The open topper being repainted is:
40100 KV02USN

It was previously in store at Kidderminster depot having being moved from Hallmark Connections Hounslow depot on closure of that. It was originally being stored by a third party, but has since been taken in to stock & will enter service - not sure on what.

Find it strange that Bolton are getting an open topper I personally can’t think of anything it can be used for
(24/06/2020 23:03)SK15 GZG Wrote:  I unreservedly apologise if you feel I was being rude - it's just at the minute it's being advised for people not to use public transport unless you absolutely have to (such as getting to work, medical appointments, shopping, helping a vulnerable relative etc) and don't have any other option to get to your destination

The fact is and people need to realise this, you can not ease lockdown, open non essential businesses and expect people not to use public transport which is why they brought in the face covering rule.
Incidentally when Megabus starts again next week will that only be for essential journeys??
(25/06/2020 17:42)Mayneway Wrote:  The fact is and people need to realise this, you can not ease lockdown, open non essential businesses and expect people not to use public transport which is why they brought in the face covering rule.
Incidentally when Megabus starts again next week will that only be for essential journeys??

People who can drive, walk or cycle are being encouraged to do so - and with the capacity of buses reduced to enable social distancing I think it's right public transport is reserved for those who have no other option

If you don't agree with it then I'd suggest you email or write to your MP who can take it up with Boris Johnson at the next PMQs session (that's if he can actually remember how to answer a question)

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(25/06/2020 17:59)SK15 GZG Wrote:  People who can drive, walk or cycle are being encouraged to do so - and with the capacity of buses reduced to enable social distancing I think it's right public transport is reserved for those who have no other option

If you don't agree with it then I'd suggest you email or write to your MP who can take it up with Boris Johnson at the next PMQs session (that's if he can actually remember how to answer a question)

I think we should just leave this here instead of turining into a political argument whether I was right or wrong.
With First buses only being on lease and Diamond needing some saloons to cover the Bolton work, why are there 3 (At least) 2013 ex Diamond eclipses come off lease. It seems bonkers for them not to have renewed the lease to help Bolton cope or to send back some First Eclipses.

https://www.busandcoachcentre.co.uk/prod...reetlite-2
https://www.busandcoachcentre.co.uk/prod...reetlite-1
https://www.chartwellbussales.co.uk/buse...hp?bus=177
(Not streetlites, just a strange link name)
(25/06/2020 17:59)SK15 GZG Wrote:  People who can drive, walk or cycle are being encouraged to do so - and with the capacity of buses reduced to enable social distancing I think it's right public transport is reserved for those who have no other option

It’s not that I don’t agree with it I’m making the point that nowhere has borris or anyone else said ‘do not use public transport’ what has been said is for people to plan journeys more carefully and where possible travel by other means or at quiet times. We certainly shouldn’t be jumping on people and attacking them for using public transport for non essential journeys.

Public transport is wrongly being dubbed some kind of green monster that if you use it your much more likely to contract covid 19 - it’s rubbish and the long term effects on the industry could be detrimental, and as a driver who works in the industry It’s worrying.
(25/06/2020 18:41)iMarkeh Wrote:  With First buses only being on lease and Diamond needing some saloons to cover the Bolton work, why are there 3 (At least) 2013 ex Diamond eclipses come off lease. It seems bonkers for them not to have renewed the lease to help Bolton cope or to send back some First Eclipses.

https://www.busandcoachcentre.co.uk/prod...reetlite-2
https://www.busandcoachcentre.co.uk/prod...reetlite-1
https://www.chartwellbussales.co.uk/buse...hp?bus=177
(Not streetlites, just a strange link name)

I think the dates for vehicles to be returned to First was agreed at the point of sale last year before any of us knew about covid and the effect it would have. I suspect that any extension to the leases would come at a huge cost to Diamond and would probably effect Firsts plans for the buses too.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)