Current time: 25/04/2024, 08:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
20726 is back from Preston just seen it on my 582 couldn’t catch what route it was on
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Spotted Preston Bus 33002 BT11UWG working the 37s today, assume this is on loan, could be a transfer not too sure.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/06/2020 18:12)darylyates17 Wrote:  Likewise 33004 had it on the 574 been looking for that one for ages in Preston

I mean this in the nicest possible way but now really isn't the time to be going out "spotting"

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(24/06/2020 18:46)SK15 GZG Wrote:  I mean this in the nicest possible way but now really isn't the time to be going out "spotting"

How isn’t it?? Guidelines have been relaxed and although making journeys by public transport is only if ‘essential’ what’s the issue with someone going out ‘spotting’ or taking photos?? Non essential shops are open. Pubs and bars can open from 4th July why is someone going out spotting not appropriate??
(24/06/2020 19:03)Mayneway Wrote:  How isn’t it?? Guidelines have been relaxed and although making journeys by public transport is only if ‘essential’ what’s the issue with someone going out ‘spotting’ or taking photos?? Non essential shops are open. Pubs and bars can open from 4th July why is someone going out spotting not appropriate??

Because if you read his posts he said he used public transport between Bolton and Leigh (and presumably travelling from St Helens to get there) - which despite the relaxed guidelines remains for essential use only. Travelling by bus to go "spotting" in another town in the current situation is not an essential journey

For the record I have absolutely no problem with enthusiasts going "spotting" in their own area

SK15 GZG
(24/06/2020 19:37)SK15 GZG Wrote:  Because if you read his posts he said he used public transport between Bolton and Leigh (and presumably travelling from St Helens to get there) - which despite the relaxed guidelines remains for essential use only. Travelling by bus to go "spotting" in another town in the current situation is not an essential journey

For the record I have absolutely no problem with enthusiasts going "spotting" in their own area

But you don’t know his journey wasn’t essential you’re assuming he’s made the journey just to go ‘spotting’ and to be honest as long as he followed guildlines and wore a face covering I don’t see any issue whatsoever.

I noticed two guys with fishing tackle today waiting for a bus.... should they have been refused travel because fishing wasn’t essential???
(24/06/2020 22:17)Mayneway Wrote:  But you don’t know his journey wasn’t essential you’re assuming he’s made the journey just to go ‘spotting’ and to be honest as long as he followed guildlines and wore a face covering I don’t see any issue whatsoever.

I noticed two guys with fishing tackle today waiting for a bus.... should they have been refused travel because fishing wasn’t essential???

I’ll be honest and say I’ve probably mixed the rules up some people are telling me it’s ok to now when following the guidelines if it’s the officially the case that I’m still not allowed I’ll stay local as much as I can in future I was already trying to not go too far.
(24/06/2020 22:17)Mayneway Wrote:  But you don’t know his journey wasn’t essential you’re assuming he’s made the journey just to go ‘spotting’ and to be honest as long as he followed guildlines and wore a face covering I don’t see any issue whatsoever.

Going fishing with your mates isn't essential right now so I'd hope they were refused travel. The government is actively discouraging the use of public transport unless it is absolutely necessary - and with reduced bus capacity at the moment I strongly believe that should rightfully be reserved for people who have a genuine need for it (such as getting to/from work or medical appointments) and not for two mates who fancy going fishing. If you want to go fishing or visit your mates then drive or go by taxi and leave buses and other modes of public transport for essential journeys only

SK15 GZG
(24/06/2020 22:45)darylyates17 Wrote:  I’ll be honest and say I’ve probably mixed the rules up some people are telling me it’s ok to now when following the guidelines if it’s the officially the case that I’m still not allowed I’ll stay local as much as I can in future I was already trying to not go too far.

I unreservedly apologise if you feel I was being rude - it's just at the minute it's being advised for people not to use public transport unless you absolutely have to (such as getting to work, medical appointments, shopping, helping a vulnerable relative etc) and don't have any other option to get to your destination

SK15 GZG
I've been out myself a few times recently following correct procedures but as of yet I haven't ventured out of Greater Manchester, indeed I've been told by various friends that as long as I stay in my own area (Greater Manchester) its ok for me to get out and about by bus but not by train just yet.

I usually use Public Transport (Bus/Tram) during the week to get to/from work in Manchester due to a medical condition that permits me from driving but at weekends I'm just staying local and visiting and going for walks in places I haven't been for a while and upto yet I've had no problems in doing so, infact I've asked a few customers at my workplace how they got into Manchester and the store I work at and a few of them have mentioned that they've used Public Transport so I myself see no problem in using it now shops and more places are due to reopen again shortly.

Infact on reading a post on social media yesterday a reply was given that its only an advisory from the government that we avoid Public Transport at the moment and its no way against the law to use it and infact some companies now have scrapped the the essential travel line and are welcoming people back as long as they follow correct procedures and wear facemasks at all times when travelling although this in itself is only enforceable by the Police and not by companies themselves.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)