Current time: 19/04/2024, 12:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
The 11 x 14 plate Enviro400's are being returned to First during the last two weeks of Dec, all will be returned by agreed date bar 33839, this will return one day late on 1/1/20.

The ex First trainers have finally been invoiced & paid for, they are now officially owned by Rotala, however, as their documents are still outstanding, they still haven't been added on to Rotala's fleetlist as yet. Some invoices are also now finally flowing from First for the rental fleet.

Demo 32239 SK19EYP has been returned to Wrightbus

Demo SK18TXK is numbered 40715

An additional ex Wrightbus demo is being taken in to stock, Streetdeck 40714 SL16YPH ex Arriva Southern Counties, Gillingham Depot numbered 6801 at Arriva.

Agreement has been made to acquire all the above ex Wrightbus Streetdeck Demo's, subject to them performing acceptably operationally.

Rotala's policy is to not normally entertain buying any used ex London buses.

Confirmed by Simon Dunn:

"We are trying to agree a deal with TfGM which would involve replacing 130 buses in Bolton"

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2074.2190
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/12/2019 00:02)Winston Wrote:  The 11 x 14 plate Enviro400's are being returned to First during the last two weeks of Dec, all will be returned by agreed date bar 33839, this will return one day late on 1/1/20.

The ex First trainers have finally been invoiced & paid for, they are now officially owned by Rotala, however, as their documents are still outstanding, they still haven't been added on to Rotala's fleetlist as yet. Some invoices are also now finally flowing from First for the rental fleet.

Demo 32239 SK19EYP has been returned to Wrightbus

Demo SK18TXK is numbered 40715

An additional ex Wrightbus demo is being taken in to stock, Streetdeck 40714 SL16YPH ex Arriva Southern Counties, Gillingham Depot numbered 6801 at Arriva.

Agreement has been made to acquire all the above ex Wrightbus Streetdeck Demo's, subject to them performing acceptably operationally.

Rotala's policy is to not normally entertain buying any used ex London buses.

Confirmed by Simon Dunn:

"We are trying to agree a deal with TfGM which would involve replacing 130 buses in Bolton"

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2074.2190

The position on ex London vehicles seems to have changed as there is a fair number of Former London Deckers with Preston Bus purchased from a variety of sources. Presumably the cost of conversions and the state of the previous batches when received, has lead to a change in policy.

The purchases of the Wrightbus demonstrators, I am sure, is very much welcomed, as is the longer term aim to replace 130 buses, presumably all leased from FirstGroup!.
(23/12/2019 18:41)gilesbus1 Wrote:  The position on ex London vehicles seems to have changed as there is a fair number of Former London Deckers with Preston Bus purchased from a variety of sources. Presumably the cost of conversions and the state of the previous batches when received, has lead to a change in policy.

The purchases of the Wrightbus demonstrators, I am sure, is very much welcomed, as is the longer term aim to replace 130 buses, presumably all leased from FirstGroup!.

33835-33840 and 33857 are now at First Bristol, expected to go to Wells Depot.
(29/12/2019 23:42)stait.john@hotmail.co.uk Wrote:  33835-33840 and 33857 are now at First Bristol, expected to go to Wells Depot.

That makes perfect sense as the Wright Streetdecks that were at Wells have gone onward to Bristol for City Services, so they needed replacements at Wells. I understood something was there, but perhaps they have/are moved/ing on as well.
This is what has gone so far, the rest are to follow

33835-33840/57 SN14 TSO/U/V/X-Z/UW

Thanks to http://www.swhite.org.uk/ for the information

These are to replace 55 Plate Volvo B7TL's not Streetdecks, these have already been removed from Wells.
Diamond Bus changes for January 2020:
  • 66: Weekday afternoon times changed
  • 68: Minor timetable changes to weekday morning journeys
  • 126: Additional journeys from intu Trafford Centre to Leigh at 0730 weekdays and 0850 Saturdays.
  • 132: Early morning journeys re-timed.
  • 162: The 0638 journey from Norden re-timed to run 5 minutes earlier.
  • 163: Two additional journeys introduced during weekday mornings to Manchester.
  • 507: Minor timetable changes.
  • 516: Minor timetable changes.
  • 517/574: Service 517 is merged into existing 574 route to form a through route between Bolton and Leigh via Middlebrook and Westhoughton, as service 574. Service runs hourly full route and half-hourly between Middlebrook and Leigh.
  • 561/562: Minor timetable changes.
  • 571/572: Minor timetable changes.
  • 575: Minor timetable changes.
  • 597: Saturday service withdrawn.
  • 607: Minor timetable changes.
  • 683: Minor timetable changes.
  • 715: Monday-Saturday daytime service curtailed to run between Bolton and Westhoughton only.

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/servic...uary-2020/
(01/01/2020 14:43)SF07 Wrote:  
  • 126: Additional journeys from intu Trafford Centre to Leigh at 0730 weekdays and 0850 Saturdays.
  • 517/574: Service 517 is merged into existing 574 route to form a through route between Bolton and Leigh via Middlebrook and Westhoughton, as service 574. Service runs hourly full route and half-hourly between Middlebrook and Leigh.
  • 715: Monday-Saturday daytime service curtailed to run between Bolton and Westhoughton only.
126 I presume is placement trips to save dead running from Eccles?
517/574 is an interesting link. I don't think it will take many 'through' passengers (though Middlebrook) as the 715 and 582 will take the majority of passengers from Westhoughton and Leigh into Bolton. I presume this is primarily to make driver changes easier as then drivers can come off in Bolton rather than sending out shunt vehicles.
The 715 is a little bit of a shock. I Diamond would have kept that to try and compete for end to end passengers.
I can already forsee problems with the new 574 Bolton-Leigh route while it will run ok most of the time it could possible hit problems on Matchdays when Bolton are playing at home.

I'm also surprised about 715 as currently some of the duties on it are worked by drivers on Wigan rosta who work them before going onto their relevant routes round Wigan.
(02/01/2020 06:35)M60lad Wrote:  I can already forsee problems with the new 574 Bolton-Leigh route while it will run ok most of the time it could possible hit problems on Matchdays when Bolton are playing at home.

I'm also surprised about 715 as currently some of the duties on it are worked by drivers on Wigan rosta who work them before going onto their relevant routes round Wigan.

Your right to point on the 574 issues on matchdays, As a Bolton fan myself i have seen how bad traffic can get on matchdays. I think overall the route will work out

Regarding the 715's i am surprised its not getting funded to at least Fingerpost (Aspull) as it does leave places without a Bus Service now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30004 caught fire today on the 575. Looking at photos, it looks like a write off..

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)