Current time: 24/04/2024, 15:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
took a trip Bolton to Manchester saturday on the 36 route with 40702 . Obvious problems with this already. kept stalling at stops and traffic lights, not every one, sometimes was difficult to start and the downstairs lights didnt appear to be working properly. not good after one week.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/08/2019 11:50)old goat Wrote:  took a trip Bolton to Manchester saturday on the 36 route with 40702 . Obvious problems with this already. kept stalling at stops and traffic lights, not every one, sometimes was difficult to start and the downstairs lights didnt appear to be working properly. not good after one week.

I'd imagine those StreetDecks are fitted with stop-start which is why the engine turns off at traffic lights etc

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
I assume the 2 remaining Streetlites at Preston will be coming to Bolton once repainted?
(18/08/2019 14:52)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I'd imagine those StreetDecks are fitted with stop-start which is why the engine turns off at traffic lights etc

well i thought that but it did it randomly and sometimes was a heck of a job to start with the driver leaning down to the floor to do something
I just hope rotala make a good attempt at Manchester as from what I've seen vehicle wise so far 100 percent but as long as services are kept they wont go wrong..i say give them a chance..I'm not gonna say anything about their other operations down south
Otherwise I see the future is orange mm
(18/08/2019 20:12)johnluke Wrote:  I just hope rotala make a good attempt at Manchester as from what I've seen vehicle wise so far 100 percent but as long as services are kept they wont go wrong..i say give them a chance..I'm not gonna say anything about their other operations down south

Agreed, I do wish people would give Rotala a chance to prove themselves. They done a good job with Preston Bus.
(18/08/2019 18:06)darylyates17 Wrote:  I assume the 2 remaining Streetlites at Preston will be coming to Bolton once repainted?

I'm not to sure if they are to be honest as apparently they (well one of them so the other could be a spare) are needed for the Sunday Dalesbus service that Preston operate from what I was told the other week the Streetlites are the only vehicles Preston have got that will actually fit round the route as there's some tight turns and narrow roads in places.
(19/08/2019 06:21)M60lad Wrote:  I'm not to sure if they are to be honest as apparently they (well one of them so the other could be a spare) are needed for the Sunday Dalesbus service that Preston operate from what I was told the other week the Streetlites are the only vehicles Preston have got that will actually fit round the route as there's some tight turns and narrow roads in places.

I thought that there was a couple of WF Streetlites that are VOR that could be used for that I should have mentioned that I was referring to the 16 plate DFs
(18/08/2019 22:16)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Agreed, I do wish people would give Rotala a chance to prove themselves. They done a good job with Preston Bus.

They DID a good job with Preston bus but lately it’s gone off the boil with a mish mash of liveries. I liked what they did with Preston because they kept the brand seperate and it worked. Preston bus felt like it was still a local company but it seems to be getting as messy as other fleets now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)