Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
(24/03/2019 14:44)robertclark125 Wrote:  Out of interest, is the 126 supposed to go up Worsley Road, instead of the M60? If it's not, then simply saying the bus is full is not an excuse for missing out a section of route.

It's meant to be going onto the M60 from Trafford Centre (J10) then getting off at Worsley (J13) towards Boothstown. However I wouldn't be surprised if there is roadworks on the M60 and/or congestion making it quicker to go via Peel Green than the M60.

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Diverting away from the M60 because the bus is full surely makes no sense as it's not going to pick up passengers on the motorway anyway. As said above more likely due to traffic conditions on the M60.
Find all posts by this user
I once heard a bus is not allowed on the motorway with standing passengers. Unsure if this is still the case
Correct, no standees allowed on a motorway.

(24/03/2019 19:58)Citibus Wrote:  I once heard a bus is not allowed on the motorway with standing passengers. Unsure if this is still the case

Works for me
(24/03/2019 20:59)Rick Hunter Wrote:  Correct, no standees allowed on a motorway.
Incorrect. Info from Gov website:
"Buses that have been approved or certified to carry standing passengers in accordance with national or European construction rules are not restricted on which roads they can use.

Additionally, the Motorway Traffic (England and Wales) Regulations 1982(SI 1982 No. 1163) and The Motorways Traffic (Scotland) Regulations 1995 (SI 1995 No.2507) (S.183) permit buses to use motorways but they are not allowed to stop and pick up passengers on such roads."

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
During the hight of the Smart Motorway works Highways England were incapable of advertising road closures on the M60 so from the Evening the motorway routes are advised divert via the non-motorway route, although not strongly enforced, down to driver discretion really.
(24/03/2019 22:32)Solo40336 Wrote:  During the hight of the Smart Motorway works Highways England were incapable of advertising road closures on the M60 so from the Evening the motorway routes are advised divert via the non-motorway route, although not strongly enforced, down to driver discretion really.

Are we forgetting something here; Unless directed by the emergency services or a company official - or obviously a physical road closure/blockage - it is illegal to deviate from the registered route. In other words "driver discretion" doesn't come into it.
(25/03/2019 07:21)Brickmill Wrote:  Are we forgetting something here; Unless directed by the emergency services or a company official - or obviously a physical road closure/blockage - it is illegal to deviate from the registered route. In other words "driver discretion" doesn't come into it.

Whilst you're 100% correct on that point, the particular piece of legislation is primarily there to ensure that potential passengers are not left waiting at bus stops for a bus that doesn't arrive. That problem doesn't occur with Motorway services, and is therefore hardly likely to be enforced.
I think all traffic commissioners would agree that as no stops are being missed, if the bus is full and standing, it is probably in the interest of safety to divert. High speed running and a lot of standing passengers could end badly. I don't think any traffic commissioner would punish you for having your passengers interests at heart. Admittedly it's not the best thing to do as it could delay the service and it does divert. It is a very grey area but I can't see anyone being against a driver putting safety first. The most that would happen would be a small warning just to be very cautious when you divert.
No bus stops are being missed when any of the Trafford Centre routes divert, therefore doubt it matters. They divert when there are issues on the M60 in order to keep to time, South Lancs Travel used to do exactly the same and its better than none running.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)