Current time: 25/04/2024, 20:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
(24/07/2012 14:47)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Following posts being edited and removed from this thread, I'd ask that members are careful about what they say with regards to potentially sensitive company information. Posts which 'tread the line', so to speak, can be potentially damaging and tarnishing to both the forum and operator as pointed out earlier by another member. Thanks.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I just want to say something posotive about this bus company,

About 5 years ago, JPT ran a service in Ainsworth where I live. They are very much missed, what a fantastic job they did of it. The personnel touch every day.
i should be moving bolton within the next 3 years and am hoping ( along with locals there) that JPT make a move down there

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
JPT Bus
i like JPT, fighting for passengers but still giving 5 star service!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
(19/08/2012 14:15)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i ike JPT, fighting for passengers but still giving 5 star service!

Completely off topic, but I would hardly say JPT give a five star service, nor are they 'fighting for passengers'. They have taken on First for financial gain, hence them selling off their young low floor buses and buying old knackered London junk!
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
JPT have however taken most of firsts passengers now so say they finish the job then they can look into buying new buses again as am sure this is just a tempo thing (also lets move this into the JPT feed to keep to topic)

While I think it's great JPT are competing with First on the Manchester -Middleton - Rochdale corridor I think it's cobblers to say they have taken 'most' of Firsts passengers.
It's even arguable to say JPT have taken a small percentage of firsts passengers.

From what I've seen, most regular users along the route still use First, there weekly, daily tickets still offer the best value as they can be used across the whole First Manchester network.
Although Jpt will have passengers who buy day/week and even monthly tickets I doubt the numbers are anything like Firsts.
JPT seems do ok on the single fare passengers who get on the first bus that comes along whether it be JPT or First.
am not sure on what passenger buys what but each time i went to manchester this year for that service my JPT bus had more passengers on that first, ok buses are old bus they sold buses off and bought old ones for probs half the price they sold the new ones of for so that gives them extra money to put into getting that route under their control, its a risk but if you play your cards right then later down the line you can buy the new buses and they will make a bigger impact

But that's the point, there never going to have them services 'under their control'. First arn't just going to give up one day and pull off it, and the longer JPT tries the more money it costs, I'm not an expert, but it's clear to see their selling off their once pristine fleet of brand new buses and buying ex London stock to give them more money to throw at it.

We could go around in circles with this argument but until someone actually has the ability to provide precise passengers numbers for each then we will never be sure.

As I've said, I'm not knocking JPT, I'm just saying their an average independent bus company providing a mostly reliable service, but fighting for passengers and a 5 star service - not. Smile
its a risk what they doing, if they advertise just how low their fares are and next to theirs have how much first charge (if thats allowed) they could get even more passengers, if the 17 stopped paying for first i think they would try to make it pay again and if not cancel it as no one will run a service that dont make a profit, as time goes on one company will remain on that route the other will fail (unless a QBP comes along and i for one hope not)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)