Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
They will Just be dumped waiting for the outcome of the enquiry.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
any chance to picture jpt at the back of wigan depot?

thanks
(09/06/2014 11:41)Owl Wrote:  I believe that they have to keep the vehicles in case the OFT/MCA enquiry overturns the acquisition. Some are certainly in use on the ex-JPT routes, they appear to be based at the Middleton depot.

Do you have any idea which ones are being used?
(09/06/2014 14:45)acocker96 Wrote:  Do you have any idea which ones are being used?

I can't give away too much information and unfortunately I am not allowed to share photos as the ex JPT stock is in quite a bad state.
PN02 XBV and PL51 LDY are the only JPT buses that have been repaired at Wigan and in use and S148 KNK is currently in the workshop receiving attention.
On the P01 fleetcard, the ex-JPT vehicles listed in used (allocated to Middleton) are;
14071/2
16971/2

Clearly some further stock has since returned to service. The PVR is listed as 4Dd, 6SD, 7MD - which shows just how many vehicles JPT had off the road.

Scania1996 - will you be able to share pics if/when the CMA clear the takeover and vehicles are disposed of?
Just to add to the list of ex JPT vehicles currently in use.
I have photos of the following in service under Stagecoach all based at Middleton.
Plaxton Primo’s
49896*

B10L
21073*

Enviro 300

Olympians

Presidents
16968*
16971*

Those marked with an asterisk carry Stagecoach fleetnumbers alongside the JPT numbers; the others carry just their JPT number.

I have photos of all the above (excepting two of the three Primo’s) on Flickr as well as other JPT changes including several on suspended tow to Wigan and PT51JPT at Wigan if anyone is interested.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/70966383@N03/?details=1

Interesting to see 16972 on the P01 list as I have not seen any reference to this bus having returned to service and it was at Wigan minus some minor panelling, large front upper deck window and at least one side window.

Not all of the condemned JPT’s buses were off the road at the time of takeover, from what I can understand Stagecoach checked the whole fleet the week before and it was they who removed them from service due to a variety of factors, some possibly only due to tyre condition.
Indeed 16968 was taken to Wigan on suspended tow but has returned to service faster than most of the stock that was driven over to Wigan.

W472BCW JPT 530 has been allocated Stagecoach number 16967, has anyone any info on its current whereabouts and condition.

Brian
I was told days after the takeover that some engineering staff at Stagecoach were genuinely stunned and shocked at the condition of some of the vehicles STILL in daily use until the takeover.
I does make me wonder why JPT were allowed to operate for as long as they did with vehicles in a very obvious state of disrepair. Did JPT slip off the radar where VOSA were concerned.

Is it a condition of the investigation that Stagecoach employees carnt discuss the takeover or the condition of vehicles or is it Stagecoach protecting the former owner until the deal is signed off. I really hope it isn't the latter as he really needs the book throwing at him!
(09/06/2014 18:36)Mayneway Wrote:  I was told days after the takeover that some engineering staff at Stagecoach were genuinely stunned and shocked at the condition of some of the vehicles STILL in daily use until the takeover.
I does make me wonder why JPT were allowed to operate for as long as they did with vehicles in a very obvious state of disrepair. Did JPT slip off the radar where VOSA were concerned.

Is it a condition of the investigation that Stagecoach employees carnt discuss the takeover or the condition of vehicles or is it Stagecoach protecting the former owner until the deal is signed off. I really hope it isn't the latter as he really needs the book throwing at him!

Its sort of like the celebrity super injunction scandal all over again!!!
49895 (YX60 DWY) ex Jpt 255 is another primo reported as back at middleton. As is Volvo Olympian JPT 512 P825 SGP (16885).
Brian.
Just to read the last rites as it were, the CMA approved Stagecoach's takeover of JPT last week. According to the Stagecoach thread some of the ex-JPT buses have already moved into storage, and it can only be a matter of time before the majority are disposed of.

There is an interesting story on JPT here:

http://mancunian1001.wordpress.com/2014/...een-light/

Not accurate in every respect, but a fair enough summary.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)