Current time: 16/04/2024, 21:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Former Merseyside Vehicles in Exile
RE: Former Merseyside Vehicles in Exile
(17/10/2014 06:38)MX12CFE Wrote:  Thats a bit of a nasty gash in the front roof dome it has in Jack Merlans photo. Great to see it still out and about.

It`s certainly a survivor, one former Southport depot bus is preserved from this batch,this would make a good contrast if saved in a later guise such as MTL cream and red,even Arriva`s original livery is now museum material.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/02/2013 20:35)R879 HRF Wrote:  very nice!

Maybe somebody can help me out with this too..

We all remember the Tecnobus Gulliver U500EUK battery buses that used to live with First Crosville for route E1 around Birkenhead (who could forget them)

Does anybody know where they all are at this moment in time? I know they passed to John Lennon airport, and I know for sure that 2 of them are still there but can only ID one of them.

Another 2 of them passed to the university of sunderland to trial new fuel ideas, i can only confirm the ID of one of them though.. if anybody knows which ones are where that would be great! I was told one is sat at Delphwood lane indoors used for spares for the selwyns tecnobus pantheons but i have no evidence to show it.

S251 AFA - Uni of Sunderland
S252 AFA - Unknown
S253 AFA - John Lennon Airport (parked by emergency evacuation gate in speke hall car park)
S254 AFA - Unknown
S255 AFA - Unknown
S256 AFA - Unknown

I know there is definatly another at John Lennon, you can see it with flat tyres straight ahead as you turn down the private airport restricted zone on the public bus, however i do not know which one it is.

I also know there is another one at Sunderland Uni, but not sure which one. If anybody knows the location of the other 4, that would be brill!

S253 AFA & S255 AFA were acquired by Scotblue Coaches of Dundee in 2014. Unfortunately, I don't know where they were acquired from.
(29/03/2019 17:52)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  S253 AFA & S255 AFA were acquired by Scotblue Coaches of Dundee in 2014. Unfortunately, I don't know where they were acquired from.

I was in touch with them a while ago, and he occasionally puts photos on their facebook page. They have S253 and S256. S251/2/4/5 all went to the university of sunderland apparantly and have now since been scrapped.

Both S253/6 are both heavily stripped down and in the process of repair however will apparantly not be used on the road due to insurance costs as theyre so rare. They were both acquired from Liverpool Airport, although the airport never owned them, Merseytravel did.

Hope this helps!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)