Current time: 25/04/2024, 06:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stotts of Oldham
RE: Stotts of Oldham
(29/03/2017 22:28)acocker96 Wrote:  I remember a driver told me once they don't scrap because they can't get the value back out of them, that's maybe why they have kept hold of them. Keeping them in service maybe partly sentimental as they've been there that long. I'm surprised a couple of the Olympians weren't kept to allow the Scanias to be retired.

The Olympians although heavily refurbished after they were acquired were in a poorer state than the Scanias. Don't forget the scanias had come from a municipal operator and municipal were renowned for really looking after vehicles bought from new so when the scanias were acquired from Cardiff in 99/2000 they were practically like new buses. The fact they have served Stotts for 17 years says it all.

A lot of the withdrawn stuff is slowly canablised on site to allow repairs to other vehicles and parts havs been sold to other operators who run similar vehicles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This could be very bad new for stotts immediate future for failing to comply with workplace pension laws

http://www.route-one.net/articles/Legal/...ns_failure
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-man...r-42353353
Not as bad as it could have been
(09/02/2018 17:10)NorthernCounties Wrote:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-man...r-42353353
Not as bad as it could have been

£59,000 seems pretty bad for a small firm, and who pays for the 500 mile round trip(s) to Brighton?
(09/02/2018 21:01)Brickmill Wrote:  £59,000 seems pretty bad for a small firm, and who pays for the 500 mile round trip(s) to Brighton?

According to a document on Companies House the business had £478,000 in a 'retirement benefit scheme', so why weren't they using it?
(09/02/2018 21:01)Brickmill Wrote:  £59,000 seems pretty bad for a small firm, and who pays for the 500 mile round trip(s) to Brighton?

Yeah but not bad considering the judge could do an unlimited fine. Would have been better lower though
I saw a 57-reg Solo on route 364 this afternoon. This surprised me as it had been Enviro 200 even on Saturdays in recent years.
The 364 this afternoon was an Enviro 200 again, namely MX10DXD.
Its taken a while but I think its expected...

Public Inquiry (76556) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room (Warrington), WA3 2SH, Suite 4,
Stone Cross Place, Stone Cross Lane North, Golborne, Warrington, on 27 April 2018
commencing at 10:00
PC0001909 SI
STOTTS TOURS (OLDHAM) LTD
Director(s): ALAN STOTT, ALAN STOTT, STEVEN STOTT
142-144 LEES ROAD, OLDHAM, OL4 1HT
S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger
Vehicles Act 1981)
S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985)
TM Public Inquiry (Case ID: 409926, Public Inquiry ID: 85814) for ALAN STOTT to be held at
The Public Inquiry Room (Warrington), WA3 2SH, Suite 4, Stone Cross Place, Stone Cross
Lane North, Golborne, Warrington,
on 27 April 2018 commencing at 10:00
Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 1071/2009

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)